Sign in to follow this  
Verndog

gps's

"I might just blow the big chunk of cash on the Garmin Colorado. It is a little different than the other Garmin's with it's wheel interface. But, the feature that would get me to pay the extra is that it takes a full size SD card and can be used as a picture viewer. That would be cool for checking game cameras. It also has a nice 1.53"Wx2.55"H, 240x400 pixel LCD screen. But, the price is high - $500+ for the 400t model (topo maps installed). $599 @ cabelas.com."

check out there newest one the Oregon 400T...it is a touchscreen gps...It is very easy to use, but then again what garmin is not easy to use. The Oregon has everything the Colorado has. They are some cool little units

It has everything EXCEPT a full size SD slot... :(

It has a micro SD card slot...

I just looked at an Oregon 400 today at SW, it was totally awesome. much more friendly than the Colorado, but VERY spendy, also consider that it doesn't have radio ability. And AZRYAN is right about the micro SD, you'd need to buy SD inserts to put the Micro cards into...

Why can't I get a phone/radio/GPS/dog tracker combo??? I'd be willing to schill out some dough for something like that.

T

"I might just blow the big chunk of cash on the Garmin Colorado. It is a little different than the other Garmin's with it's wheel interface. But, the feature that would get me to pay the extra is that it takes a full size SD card and can be used as a picture viewer. That would be cool for checking game cameras. It also has a nice 1.53"Wx2.55"H, 240x400 pixel LCD screen. But, the price is high - $500+ for the 400t model (topo maps installed). $599 @ cabelas.com."

check out there newest one the Oregon 400T...it is a touchscreen gps...It is very easy to use, but then again what garmin is not easy to use. The Oregon has everything the Colorado has. They are some cool little units

It has everything EXCEPT a full size SD slot... :(

It has a micro SD card slot...

Good points on those GPS. I have been looking into the Garmin Colorado also. I have an old Garmin 40 and it is o.k but am looking to upgrade with all the topo features. I

Doesn't the Oregon have 3D maps on it? That would be pretty cool to help find natural funnels and such. But those color screens eat through batteries fast from the ones I've used.

Doesn't the Oregon have 3D maps on it? That would be pretty cool to help find natural funnels and such. But those color screens eat through batteries fast from the ones I've used.

It does have the 3D view also...It is a nifty little unit...and like SBD said it is very user friendly...it is very intuitive, everything is where you would think it would be on that unit.