Sign in to follow this  
nooch2222

BTX 12x50 Combo?

Anyone running the BTX and 12x50 Combo? If so how are you liking it? I currently use the Swaro 10's, 15's 95mm and 65mm STX combo. Sold the 10's already and now debating selling the 15's and buying the 12's and the BTX eyepiece. 

Can’t go wrong with that combo.   I’m running the 15’s and BTX.   Love them both!   12’s might be a good choice but I love my 15’s too much to switch.

• Like 1

So I'm probably in the minority but the BTX does very little for me. It is a great piece of glass for certain applications but I still prefer my 12s and the 95mm straight. BTX is fixed 35x I believe and when I'm really picking a buck apart to field judge it or make sure it is what I want the 70x on the spotter is invaluable. 

To me the BTX would be used as a set of glassing binos. for example looking for elk or antelope 2-3+ miles out or deer a mile out but is too heavy and too low power to be used as only a spotter. That being said one of these days I'll try and be an owner of everything. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nooch2222 said:

Anyone running the BTX and 12x50 Combo? If so how are you liking it? I currently use the Swaro 10's, 15's 95mm and 65mm STX combo. Sold the 10's already and now debating selling the 15's and buying the 12's and the BTX eyepiece. 

I have a BTX listed in the classifieds. It belongs to a buddy of mine. He will trade it for the STX + cash.

35 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I have a BTX listed in the classifieds. It belongs to a buddy of mine. He will trade it for the STX + cash.

yeah i saw that. i'll keep that in mind. i was wanting to hold onto the STX also.  if i can sell this 28 nosler i have posted ill buy the BTX. thanks

1 hour ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

So I'm probably in the minority but the BTX does very little for me. It is a great piece of glass for certain applications but I still prefer my 12s and the 95mm straight. BTX is fixed 35x I believe and when I'm really picking a buck apart to field judge it or make sure it is what I want the 70x on the spotter is invaluable. 

To me the BTX would be used as a set of glassing binos. for example looking for elk or antelope 2-3+ miles out or deer a mile out but is too heavy and too low power to be used as only a spotter. That being said one of these days I'll try and be an owner of everything. 

Yeah my thought is 12's for short to mid range. BTX for long range glassing and STX for judging. Backpack hunting would just be 12's and 65mm spotter. I'm going to look at what the weight of that setup would be and see if thats something i'd like to carry around all day. just did a weight comparison.

12x50, stx eyepiece and btx with 95mm objective is coming in at 10.0 lbs

10x42's, 95mm objective with stx eyepiece, 15x56 and is coming in at 9.1 lbs 

2 hours ago, WHT_MTNMAN said:

Maybe, but I'm there with you...