Sign in to follow this  
Daniel in Ak

A few more sheds

I truly loved looking for Coues sheds back home,but now that Im in Alaska Im getting into this Caribou shed stuff.Found a few more going thru some albums.

On this hunt I left North Pole and headed 140 miles north and then took the 4 wheelers in about 30 miles.1st one I spotted way out therelike a mile or more.But out here its so easy to spot em from up high far off.Tricky part was getting the wheeler down there which took 30 minutes or so.

sheds01.jpg

And another.Once I found one it was simple,just keep looking in the area.Honestly they tend to sink into the tundra which kinda makes it hard to find them unless you walk up to them.

sheds02.jpg

After driving to find the one I spotted I found those 1st two on the way down.And this is the one I was actually headed for.

sheds03.jpg

I turned around and took a picture from where I spied it from which is the hilltop to your right on the horizon.and let me say its waaaaaaaaaaay out there.

sheds04.jpg

When I took the picturte above I spotted another shed and older one buried in the tundra and then this one.

sheds05.jpg

An don the way out I stopped at the Creek crossing for a quick pic.

sheds06.jpg

Wow! Great finds! You are so lucky to be out there experiencing that kind of wilderness! It is my dream to go to Alaska. It will happen some day. Thanks for sharing!

-Tracy

Wow! Great finds! You are so lucky to be out there experiencing that kind of wilderness! It is my dream to go to Alaska. It will happen some day. Thanks for sharing!

-Tracy

Thanks Tracy.

I always wanted to get back to Alaska while growing up in Arizona and it took 22 years before I got back here.And between us I so miss Arizona everyday.If you cant get up here keep looking for my posts as Ill share Alaska with you all here as long as everyone doesnt mind.And dont let go of that dream.Daniel (Cochise County Native)

-Tracy

Thanks Tracy.

I always wanted to get back to Alaska while growing up in Arizona and it took 22 years before I got back here.And between us I so miss Arizona everyday.If you cant get up here keep looking for my posts as Ill share Alaska with you all here as long as everyone doesnt mind.And dont let go of that dream.Daniel (Cochise County Native)

Those are cool sheds.

Keep those Alaska posts coming. Alaska has always been an enchanting place to me.