Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

ADA Hunting Clinic

Hey Guys,

The AZ Deer Association will be hosting a deer hunting clinic on Aug 23 from noon to 4 pm at Phx mtn preserve, 1431 E. Dunlap, Phoenix, Arizona.

Anyone planning to go? Should be a good time. Jim Heffelfinger will be there to speak on deer ecology. I am planning to go and help out as well as to sell DVDs and shirts there. So if you ordered a long sleeve shirt, I should have them by then and you can pick it up there to save on shipping.

http://www.azdeer.org for more info

Amanda

Amanda,

I have been the last couple of years and was looking forward to going to this years clinic, but with it being on a Saturday of opening weekend of archery deer season I'll have to miss it.

For anyone on the fence there are always a lot of good topics covered and a lot of good information given out.

Ron

Not to be confused with the ADAA - American Dodgeball Association of America

odd choice of time to hold the clinic - otherwise I'd attend too

Yes, it's not great timing, but it is what we were able to get. In addition to the speakers and vendors and youth stuff, we will be raffling off a beautiful yellow lab puppy at the clinic (thanks KGAINES)!

post-1-1218906806_thumb.jpg

why is it that they have this durring archery season? It seem as though they do not want archers to be part of the ADA. why not have it opening weekend of the gun hunt.

why is it that they have this durring archery season? It seem as though they do not want archers to be part of the ADA. why not have it opening weekend of the gun hunt.

When you run any event of this size, you can't always get it on the date you want. When you book a venue, they give you only so many dates to choose from. There are always constraints and so you take the date that works best given all circumstances. This is just the way it worked out this year. It's not some big statement against archers. We have dedicated archery hunters on our board of directors.

Normally we have held this event on a weeknight and we thought it might make it easier to attend if instead of being at night we moved to a Sat morning. Unfortunately, that Sat was during archery deer....I am sure it won't be that way next year.

Amanda

Also regarding the clinic, I have been a few times and really enjoyed it. the wildlife managers have given great talks! and they alway give away great things.

Thanks for the feedback runningbird. By the way, the ADA is always looking for volunteers to help with this clinic (as well as other events). So anyone that is interested and has ideas about improving it is welcome to sign up to help organize it. Just email me or go to the ADA website and email the president to find out more about how to get involved.

Amanda

The prior two years the clinic was on Sept. 12th and 11th, and those were weeknights. As Amanda stated the ADA could use more volunteers, also the monthly meetings are open and guests are welcome to attend.

The prior two years the clinic was on Sept. 12th and 11th, and those were weeknights. As Amanda stated the ADA could use more volunteers, also the monthly meetings are open and guests are welcome to attend.

Yes, when we did it those dates people complained it was too close to archery elk season. In fact some of our speakers had to pack up and head out to get to their hunting camps that night. We have to wait to do it after the draw and try and fit it in before the seasons start, but the perfect dates are not always available at the chosen venue.

Amanda