Sign in to follow this  
HuntHike61

Info Desire: AZ G&F Cannot Charge CC Upfront For Tags

27 minutes ago, stanley said:

For sure, I suspect that application numbers would drop.  Likely significantly for non-residents.

There has been lots of debate on this topic over the years.  I'm very curious who "seemed to be in charge" really was, and whether their info is accurate.   Only asking because the word on not charging up front previously was attributed to the reason(s) mentioned before (laws/rules, as opposed to an administrative decision by the G&F...). 

Just sharing what the nice gentlemen from the G&F shared with me.  To be VERY clear- they would not be taking away the current option of just providing the app fee, and then charging later for the tags if drawn.  That would remain an option in any case, thus there would be no impact to those liking it the way it is.  They are only considering to ADD an option for those who don't want the uncertainty of the second charge.  And again, nothing guaranteed- they are simply considering options...

• Like 1

Would be great if they added that or changed to allow payment within 24 hrs. 

Got an email from CO that my card didn't work today. Looked at card they tried to charge. Their 3rd party billing tried to charge some random card I have never seen before. Initial application was run with the card I always use for hunts. Logged in and got it properly charged to the correct card in less than a minute. 

from creditcards.com:

The seller is not breaking federal law by charging your credit card before she ships. The Fair Credit Billing Act and the Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule protect you so you don’t have to pay for merchandise you order but never receive.

According to the Federal Trade Commission, however, many credit card issuers do not allow merchants to charge your credit card before they ship. If you want to pursue this, you should contact your credit card issuer and ask about its policies for prematurely charging your account. 

Yes I meant if they went to the New Mexico system a lot of people would not put in at all if they had to fork up the fees all up front. I just like that system ,,, I put in pay and forget about it for a few months. With our system I have to have a speacial card with special instructions to the bank and only use it for that and god forbid something goes wrong I’m screwed after years and years of putting and with no sympathy. Given the option I would pay up front every time no doubt about it. Way way way way better system. Although the tags in New Mexico aren’t real , according to my records anyway. 

• Like 2