Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Horse Rental by the Verde off Beeline

34 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I pretty much cancelled all my channels except insp. I like to watch the movies and look up the actors, was watching an Audie Murphy and there was an old man in it who was born in 1879. 

Heck my grandpa was born in 1880.

Was that Audiei Murphy movie, Tumbleweed?

5 minutes ago, Edge said:

Heck my grandpa was born in 1880.

Was that Audiei Murphy movie, Tumbleweed?

No, but I watched that one the other day. This was walk the proud land. And the old man playing the old Indian was born in 1878. 

11 hours ago, Edge said:

I've cut my news consumption way back, replaced it with Westerns.

I'm usually a stickler for at least some authenticity. Don't tell me it's 1868 and you're packin a saa M1873... And why are there so many Italians type cast as N/A's? Please don't tie your horse up with a rein....

See what I mean?

Was watching an episode of Big Valley once and some dude was carrying a side ejection Marlin 336, which didn't come into existence until the 1940s. 

11 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

No, but I watched that one the other day. This was walk the proud land. And the old man playing the old Indian was born in 1878. 

Not too big a deal. He would have been only 78 years old when the movie was made in 1956. Lots of actors today still making movies at that age & more. 

1 hour ago, trophyseeker said:

Was watching an episode of Big Valley once and some dude was carrying a side ejection Marlin 336, which didn't come into existence until the 1940s. 

Most TV Westerns took a lot of creative license, most consumers just wanted drama with horses and cowboys. A recent Laramie episode had prison guards in 1881 carrying Krags.

Always amazes me to see a cowboy make camp. He's only got light saddle bags, no pack animal... But he'll always have a coffee pot, frying pan, cans of food, spirits, etc. Sometimes he'd even whip out a coffee grinder for fresh roast. Nothing for the horse.

1 hour ago, trophyseeker said:

Not too big a deal. He would have been only 78 years old when the movie was made in 1956. Lots of actors today still making movies at that age & more. 

A big deal? Lol never said it was. I just thought it was cool that I’m watching a movie with a guy who grew up along side civil war vets and was also not long outside of the 1872 winter campaign against the apaches. But you always got something to say to me 

13 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

i was also surprised how many of the chicks from those shows have nude pics....

Guilty as well haha, beer came out my nose when I read that.