Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

36A

Well my father and I were out Predator hunting in 36A yesterday when a guy named Bill Wards with Desert Gold Diggers and two other guys came up to my jeep while we were getting set up to start call so i walked back to my jeep and ask if they needed some thing they said no so I asked them to get away from my jeep then they told me that we could not be on their gold claim . I told them I was not looking for gold but the guy said they owned the land and we had to leave.Just wanted to know if any one else has had problems out there.

Well my father and I were out Predator hunting in 36A yesterday when a guy named Bill Wards with Desert Gold Diggers and two other guys came up to my jeep while we were getting set up to start call so i walked back to my jeep and ask if they needed some thing they said no so I asked them to get away from my jeep then they told me that we could not be on their gold claim . I told them I was not looking for gold but the guy said they owned the land and we had to leave.Just wanted to know if any one else has had problems out there.

NOT a problem. not now and should not ever be.

the minute you found out they had works in the area you should have called off the stand and asked if they were having any luck. they may not own the land but these guys have always been by-the-book with the FS/BLM and they do have the mineral rights. i drove up on one of their camps once with 100-200 in attendance and we have had numerous pleasant encounters with these folks over the years.

simple courtesy of their camp if nothing else.

lee

NOT a problem. not now and should not ever be.

the minute you found out they had works in the area you should have called off the stand and asked if they were having any luck. they may not own the land but these guys have always been by-the-book with the FS/BLM and they do have the mineral rights. i drove up on one of their camps once with 100-200 in attendance and we have had numerous pleasant encounters with these folks over the years.

simple courtesy of their camp if nothing else.

lee

I'm curious does anybody know how that works, does having minerl rights give a person the legal right to kick you off the land or is it like a cattle lease. Just think about it probably somebody has the mineral rights to most of the land in Az.

They were not working the claim and if they were it gives them no right to mess with some one or they're jeep!Bill road by my jeep three times then I got up to find out what he was up to and he was parked in the road behind my jeep. No they cann't kick some one off the land we left so they would not mess with my jeep!

ignorance is bliss. probably a rap music fan who holds his 9mm sideways. oh these modern nimrods!?!?

anybody see bobby-boy in the neighborhood of camp should probably take a photo of his licence plate.........just like i would..... and ward did.......

come mess with one of my camps boy-o.............

lee

I would never mess with some one out having a good time but your reply shows your Ignorance and how you guys think about some one else out having a good time!Nice name calling are you 12years old

http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/mining/requirements.html

Might help to know if its public land, private land, forest service or BLM.

I may be reading it wrong, but I gather a mining claim on public land gives you mining rights as in you're the only one that can dig. Thats why they are mining claims and not land ownership. You have no right to keep folks of the surface. Refer to use and occupancy section in the link above. The paragraph before explains that very few AZ claims include surface rights.

OP contact the nearest BLM office and see what they have to say. All claims are recorded with them.

I know there is a lot of private land down there. Most the private land down there leaves no doubt about it. So my guess is its a public land claim and they only have rights to what comes out of the ground not what happens on top.

Sounds like he drove past your rig a few times before he stopped to check it out. He was probably checking you out to see if you were prospecting or if he could see if you had gear in your jeep to know if you were prospecting. In today's gold market they have problems with claim jumping again.it has gotten ruff in a few cases lately. I was not there to see how the conversation went down. So I can not judge either way. He can not keep you off his claim if you are actively hunting. Your hunting license gives you the same right to use the land. I have been asked to move by people a few times. I have no problem moving. They have had problems with theft and things damaged in there mining camps in the past by people out hunting. Not all hunters are true outdoorsmen or sportsmen. Probably could have been delt with a little better on both sides.

• Like 1

I would have had a good laugh at him and went about my buisiness.

• Like 1

What was the land status? Be specific. Multiple use is the common theme with federal agencies.