AZLance

mexico hunting tags??

Guys, I have a question. I have a friend who's family lives in Mexico. They own a big ranch something like 3000 hecteracres. They have several deer tags for their ranch. My friend has offered to take me down there and give me a tag. Not sure what I need (paperwork, ect...) to bring back the buck to the U.S. They have never let anyone hunt there before.

I am going for the first time day after xmas. I am told you need a gun permit even if you could use one down there. The reason is that it is difficult to bring the deer back without the gun permit and one of the tags. Price for the permit was $350 for us. Also, if you plan to bring the meat back, it must be frozen solid, no blood.

All of this info is what I have been told. I won't have first hand experience until Dec 26, coming back on the 2nd of Jan. We are not going to attempt to bring any meat back, sounds too hard, we'll eat backstraps and leave the rest to the Ranch owner.

Oh and P.S. you have good friends.

Joe

Which border crossing will you use? If you are using Nogales, call Connie Rutheford with the USFWS and ask her for the required paperwork. 520-287-4633 or 520-397-2121.

For the Mexican side you need your hunter contract and tag. And make sure the tag number listed on the contract and the tag number on the buck match up. And if you use your own gun you need a mexican gun permit and need to make sure your serial numbers match up.

Amanda

Don't forget, you REALLY need to make a new friend and invite someone you've never met (like me ;)). Just kidding - wow, the chance to hunt a ranch in Mexico that has never been hunted - that must be really exiting! Good luck!

Any more free Mexico tags?

I wanna go!

Mike

I will graciously offer my translating services if you take me hunting with you in Mexico. :D

they actually have several tags, so I might auction the others off, JK....

put up a price....

Redman