Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Proposed Tonto NF Fees Changes

I received and email today with a link to this. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto/home/?cid=stelprdb5405154

The public is invited to attend any of these on-site open houses to learn more about the proposal:

Mesa District

Saturday, Sept. 20

Acacia at Canyon Lake

11 a.m. - 3 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 21

Butcher Jones Picnic Site

11 a.m. - 3 p.m.

Cave Creek District

Saturday, Sept. 27

Needle Rock Picnic Site

Noon - 4 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 28

Rattlesnake Picnic Site

Noon - 4 p.m.

Tonto Basin District

Saturday, Oct. 4

Windy Hill Boat Ramp

10 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 5

Burnt Corral Boat Ramp

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The changes being considered include:

Eliminate recreation fees from six areas, charge for individual sites, and change shoreline areas to special recreation permit areas;

Decrease the cost of the Tonto Annual Pass from $95/annually to $80/annually;

Increase the daily Tonto Pass fee from $6/day to $8/day;

Align fees in 10 developed campgrounds and 3 group sites to be comparable to similar sites with similar services and operation and maintenance costs;

Eliminate fees at 12 recreation sites; and

Install fee machines to provide an onsite option to purchase the daily Tonto Pass and watercraft sticker. Proposed new onsite fee is $12 for the daily Tonto Pass and $6 for the watercraft sticker. The passes will still be available for purchase at over 200 venders in the area or online at www. http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto/home/?cid=stelprdb5274504 for the regular Tonto Pass Fee price.

How about just eliminate all fees to use OUR land and OUR water?

DUH!

I'm with you 100% just eliminate all the stupid fees. The private sector I'm sure would move things along just fine without the Goverments help. I think are taxes should cover all these fees anyway. Well, I better stop before I start ranting.

Guest wdenike

I think the GOOBERMENT is doing a wonderful job. I enjoy paying my share, and others also. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Take care, Willie

To be honest I have never paid any tonto fees, not even sure how much I have been in that forest for use but I have never been around any improved areas either. Last time I was in tonto I passed a sign that said no services and no maint of facilities which meant the loos and trash were not being taken care of and were locked so what exactly are the fees for?

Anyway it sounds like they are getting the info on the fees and the system is not working for them or us so they are going to revamp the whole deal.

Okay I will be the dissenting vote... Every time I go, especially to the lakes, they look like a garbage dump after the weekend crowd. Last trip to Canyon one of the coves along the road literally had a cup left on every single rock, there must have been a thousand of them. So I have no problem with charging them to park and leave their mess since we can't expect

If they lower the annual that seems like a good compromise for the sportsman who uses the area regularly and probably is conscious of taking care of the place. I think they should lower it to $50 since the general crowd will most likely never buy one.

okay let the flaming begin...

• Like 1

Why can't people just pick up their own dam trash.....that is the part I just don't get......really? Their houses must be just a mess if that is how they treat their own home.

I quit going to Roosevelt lake after they put in all the new "improvements". Used to spend every Easter there soaking up the sun and fishing. Not anymore.....