IA Born

NWTF Turkey Tag Raffle

The AZ NWTF State Chapter and all associated local chapters are selling raffle tickets for an AGFD Commissioner's Turkey Tag. All of the information is below. If you are in Flagstaff or surrounding area and are interested, tickets (playing cards actually) are $20 each. Only ten decks of cards are being sold, so you have a 1/520 chance at a year-long hunt for ANY of Arizona's three turkey subspecies (including Gould's). If you are interested, PM me and we'll work out the details.

Below are the bullet points from a flier:

· YEAR LONG ARIZONA TURKEY TAG (AUG. 15, 2015-AUG. 14, 2016)

· GOOD FOR EITHER GOULD’S, MERRIAM’S, or Rio Grande Turkey

· GOOD IN ANY OPEN UNIT AS PRESCRIBED BY COMMISSION ORDER

· WINNER MAY PRESCRIBE TO WHOM THE TAG IS ISSUED

· 2ND PRIZE IS A SAVAGE AXIS XP .308 RIFLE W/3X9 SCOPE

· ALL PROCEEDS FROM THE SALE OF THIS TAG GO TO AZGFD FOR

TURKEY MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH

· GOULD’S TURKEY IS THE MOST DIFFICULT TURKEY TAG TO DRAW IN THE

U.S. (FOUND ONLY IN SE ARIZONA AND SW NEW MEXICO)

· ROYAL SLAM FOR WILD TURKEY INCLUDES THE EASTERN, OSCEOLA,

RIO GRANDE, MERRIAM’S, AND GOULD’S TURKEY

• Like 1

Bump back up. Plenty of tickets left here in Flagstaff!

going to be at the expo this weekend or at the sportsman's turkey seminar on april 9th? I want in

I won't be there, but I'll PM you how we can make it work. Check your PMs

The state chapter president Steve Sams will be at the game and fish expo and I am sure he will have tickets for sale. I will be there as well at the NWTF booth on Saturday so if you find me I will get you in touch with someone with tickets. The winner is normally drawn at the Sierra Vista NWTF Banquet witch is Saturday August 1st, you do not need to present to win but I think they call the winner when they are drawn from the Banquet.

The state chapter president Steve Sams will be at the game and fish expo and I am sure he will have tickets for sale. I will be there as well at the NWTF booth on Saturday so if you find me I will get you in touch with someone with tickets. The winner is normally drawn at the Sierra Vista NWTF Banquet witch is Saturday August 1st, you do not need to present to win but I think they call the winner when they are drawn from the Banquet.

Yep, I forgot about the NWTF booth at the Expo. I'm tied up or I'd be there at the NWTF booth, too. I don't know how many decks are left. I know the Tucson chapter sold two decks crazy quick. We have plenty of cards left in the deck for our Northern Arizona (Flagstaff) Chapter.

I'm still interested in some just got back into town I'll get things squared away and send some $$$

Sounds good. Hope your hunt was awesome!

Figured I'd give this another bump. Plenty of cards/tickets left up here for a chance at a Governor's Turkey Tag.

Quick question. If you have the Gov tag are you eligible to draw a tag and harvest a second bird during the same calendar year?

Quick question. If you have the Gov tag are you eligible to draw a tag and harvest a second bird during the same calendar year?

Good question. I have an email into the State Chapter and will get back to you soon!

pretty sure it works similar to the AZ G&F super game raffle.

the lucky recipient of the super game raffle for that individual species can still draw for the same animal. IE: a super game raffle (or in this case, governor's tag)can have their draw tag and the "365 tag" from the super raffle.

Yes

pretty sure it works similar to the AZ G&F super game raffle.

the lucky recipient of the super game raffle for that individual species can still draw for the same animal. IE: a super game raffle (or in this case, governor's tag)can have their draw tag and the "365 tag" from the super raffle.

Confirmed. This won't affect your bonus points or lottery draw. You can have both tags and fill both tags (assuming you're that lucky)!

I just wanted to thank you all that bought cards from me. I just mailed all of the money and cards from our chapter up here in Flagstaff down to the AZ State Chapter folks. Good luck to all of you that bought cards and I truly hope one of you wins...2nd place because I want me or my daughter to get the tag! :D

Seriously though, thank you!