PseAZ

Late Archery Hunt

Who else is stoked to be heading out next week? Hoping this dry spell keeps going. Hoping to have something decent come visit me in the stand. Good luck to everyone.

I miss these hunts. I decided to hold out for a rifle tag and kinda wishing I had kept on with hunting these.

• Like 1

This will be my 1st late hunt im pretty excited. Got a few nice bulls in the area. haven't been up in a few weeks but found a solid water source im hoping will produce a nice bull.

This might be the driest I have seen it in 22 23 in years water should be really good

• Like 2

Yea, agreed I'm hoping the weather stays the same atleast till the hunts over then it can start getting cold and wet for the deer hunts. Ill have a few days before the hunt to get everything set up and check my camera. Hopefully everything looks promising. Haven't harvest a elk in about 12 years. Regardless of what happens ill be filming the whole hunt. Should be a blast.

• Like 1

When the G&F came up with these limited opportunity late hunts people said nobody would buy the tags but you guys are happy to get a tag. LOL A sucker is born every day. Pray for snow.

Heck yea im happy to have a tag. Im going Hunting. Weather looks good and I don't have to be at work so im stoked. Last time we went out we saw 9 bulls, a bear, 7 mulie bucks and 4 Coues above or around my spring. If there still there it should be a fun time. Any day in the hills is better than a day @ work. Just gotta put in the work and be patience.

• Like 4

ALOT has changed in the last three days. Bulls were moving and hitting water, looked very promising. Checked a lot of tanks and other water sources in last 5 days and more than 3/4 are dry. Gonna be a tough one.

• Like 1

When the G&F came up with these limited opportunity late hunts people said nobody would buy the tags but you guys are happy to get a tag. LOL A sucker is born every day. Pray for snow.

Sounds like you just need to learn more about hunting. These hunts are harder but I've seen some monsters dropped.

• Like 1

Staying hopeful about the water source. Haven't been up there in a few weeks but ill be heading up tomorrow night and ill be out Tuesday to check everything over. They were hammering the water last time just hope its the same or better. If I get one ill be sure to post it up.

• Like 2

Never hunt the late hunts, they suck. True hunters only hunt archery in September. Btw here are a few pics of the bulls I passed up this weekend

post-4480-0-54203600-1510792506_thumb.jpeg

post-4480-0-30979800-1510792604_thumb.jpeg

post-4480-0-73180400-1510792662_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

Man I wish I had your luck, had bulls on camera every morning - mid day and then it rained opening afternoon and never saw a elk since between 3 of us my buddie passed a spike and a broke 5 point. May go back the last few days but man what a rough hunt it was.

Man I wish I had your luck, had bulls on camera every morning - mid day and then it rained opening afternoon and never saw a elk since between 3 of us my buddie passed a spike and a broke 5 point. May go back the last few days but man what a rough hunt it was.

Sounds like our outing. I came back for few days monday heading back up to finish out and scout for father in laws late rifle. Brother in law saw some really good bulls but just put the slip on us. Other buddy tagged out the day we both headed back. So far 1 for 3. Weather isn't getting any better. We will see tonite god willing

• Like 1

We're getting beat pretty bad in our unit, sitting water all day but the elk are only hitting in the dark last 2 days. We can glass them on the water then they move off 30 minutes before light. We have a new stand further from water the way they move out so we will see.