Sign in to follow this  
CJNAZ

Fire restrictions question

Was up in 4B last weekend. As I was driving out Saturday night I past a camp very near the road that had 2 fires going and about 6 people in camp. My curiosity peaked so I drove a loop road and made a 2nd pass. Their multiple lanterns gave off enough light to see that the fires were propane fueled fire pits.

Wood fires, charcoal use, smoking are banned

Question is - Are propane fire pits not banned? Not sure if I see a need for those to be banned but I am curious still.

Direct from a friend at US Forrest Services in the Springerville office (Apache-Sitgreaves).Propane pits are okay in stage 2 areas. Strongly suggested to clear the surrounding area of brush, needles, etc and have water, shovels, etc. nearby.

• Like 1

Propane pits are ok as stated. Couple of years ago I had a few encounters with other campers up at a horse camp, they had an issues with my fire and told me so but had to eat crow when I told them it was propane, one guy didn't believe me until I made him come look. Lol was pretty funny and good that people called me out , it does look just like a real fire but if you can turn it off its ok per the restrictions

• Like 3

Guest akaspecials

Propane is good to go. I think it has to have an on/off switch. I actually paid for a weekend at country thunder by selling those propane campfires to nearby campsites when they had fire restrictions one year.

(I was there for the women, not that crap they try to pass off as country.)