Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

Verizon Users

You are right Jerry the provider makes a big difference

and Verizon provides the best service here.

I have had other people standing right next to me

with a verizon phone and not have service when mine did.

I have the Casio G Zone and love it. Not only is it water proof, dust proof and shock resistant, good for work and play. It has great service most areas up here in Show Low and surrounding areas.

Richard

to all the guys with the gzone, how is battery life? Do you feel like you have to charge the thing every day or once a week, or what?

I need a new phone...busted the hinge on my LG3200.

Amanda

My brother and I just picked up the casio gzone boulder. It fills to be a very solid phone so far. We have not used them in the field yet so i am not sure of reception. From what I hear it is good. Mine is on full charge right now and i plan on using it with out charging it to see how long it will stay on in stand by and then again with heavy use. The3y have an electronic compas as well That i plan on useing this week to see how well it works. They have a led flashlight that works good, But i am sure it would drain the batery to fast to use very often. The video and regular cameras seem about normal for a cell phone. We got the rubberized one. I almost got the blaze orange one for finding if dropped while in the field, But I thought it was to loud in color for use around customers. They say the orange one is the same in ruggedness but just not rubberized.You need to keep the volume set on the third or fourth volume bar or it distorts the voices coming in. That comes from the water proofing on the phone. I like the fact that a driving rain well not hurt the phone. As a plumber i seem to be in a driving rain some times even if it is not raining. They do not come with a case or clip of any kind so you will have to pick one up. I like the desk top charge cradle. This way you do not have to keep opening the cord charge port on the phone. This port seems to be the weak link in my opinion. If you open it every night to charge i think it will wear out. We also are going to use the push to talk walkie talkie mode for work, but we have not tried it yet either. we use nextell for that right now.

Now just to get my Elk bugle ring tone back for this phone and i will be set.

I have the Casio G Zone and love it. Not only is it water proof, dust proof and shock resistant, good for work and play. It has great service most areas up here in Show Low and surrounding areas.

Richard

to all the guys with the gzone, how is battery life? Do you feel like you have to charge the thing every day or once a week, or what?

I need a new phone...busted the hinge on my LG3200.

Amanda

I can usually go about 2 days on a charge. I use mine quite a bit though so depending on how much you use it may hamper the battery life.

Amanda, if there is a down fall to the Gzone, it is the battery life. I use mine ALOT.. Texting, sending pictures, phone calls etc.. Some days it will not hold a charge for an entire work day. Other times, when I dont use it as often it goes for 2 days solid.