Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

Verizon Users

My phone has been giving me fits for a while now

but it has had the best reception of any OLD phone I've tried.

Think its on its last leg, maybe Dead.

I really hate to change since I have 3 hands free kits

and external antennas but it may be time :(

Lets hear some input on new phones with THE BEST RECEPTION

I do not need a camera or any of the other BS

I NEED RECEPTION, Remember I do not live in the devils hole.

Thanks in advance guys ;)

Any of the LG phones should be good for you. I have had better luck with them than the motarola phones for some reason. I have the Palm treo right now and it seems to get good reception but i am getting ready to get rid of it and go back to a smaller flip phone again. Then my work phone is a nex tell and you could kill someone with it if you had good aim.

I have the Casio G Zone and love it. Not only is it water proof, dust proof and shock resistant, good for work and play. It has great service most areas up here in Show Low and surrounding areas.

Richard

Hey I like the looks of those GZones. It gets good rec in the mountains. That is a big plus to me. What one do you have the boulder with the compas or the other one with the loop kind of antena. the price is right also. Tell us a bit more about the gzones.

Hey I like the looks of those GZones. It gets good rec in the mountains. That is a big plus to me. What one do you have the boulder with the compas or the other one with the loop kind of antena. the price is right also. Tell us a bit more about the gzones.

I have last years G zone and it's great....lets see here is a list of field tests I out it through....

1) it spent the 3rd and 4th quarter of the ASU vs USC game in the bottom of 32 oz beer mug last year...mostly cause I was pissed but also to test it.

2) it spent about 2 hours in the bottom of a minnow bucket...was a good fishing day and lost track of it.

3) Drop it and ran it over with four-wheeler....no worries

4) I have dropped it and kick it more times than I can mention....

I usually only have a phone last about nine months and I am going on a year....it doesn't have all bells and whistles but it makes calls and take pics

I highly recommend....good reception in remote areas as well.

I too have had pretty good luck with Motorola also. They take a ton of thrashing and still work pretty well. I'm currently addicted to blackberrys which may be a little too much phone for you, me, everyone :lol:

I have last years Gzone as well. It is kinda dark blue with the loop antenna looking thing on top. I have seen the new version and it is suppose to just have some upgraded software and things. I live in Show Low and it gets great service most places that I travel to. Actually service at my house is not the greatest but my phone gets better service than the others in the house. I am a contractor up here and the fact that this thing gets dropped in the dirt, mud, water and whatever else I can put it through and it still works is great!! Depending on if you are due for an upgrade or not, you can prolly get the upgraded version pretty right. Good luck!!

The Gzone is sweet, just replaced my treo with the new Gzone Boulder. The blaze orange one.

BOMB PROOF!

What about the two way radio on them does it work good, And how much extra a month is it to conect the two way ptt. I can not find it anyplace on the web site. I am a phone killer so i like the fact that it is tuff. I like the boulder out of the ptt ones i have seen. it has the compas on it also right.

Well I am going to throw this out for the heck of it.

My phone is a LG VX2000 and I would like to find another one.

The reason I want to replace it with the same thing is because

I have 2 hands free sets and 3 external antennas and 4 batteries.

and it does work well.

Just hoping someone may have upgraded and has a good one in a drawer.

Thanks

I don't think the brand, make, or model will make that much a difference. I think the choice of service made a big deal here in safford. During hunting season last year the only phone service that worked in the deep canyons and where we were camping was cingular. We had a big camping party that had every service available but cingular phones had full service . Everyone had to borrow there phones. JERRY