Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Margo Fire near Dudleyville

5 minutes ago, Desertguide said:

Don't know its coming from all the way from Dudleyville but we're getting quite a bit of smoke from the west here in Pima. 

Probably is. There is about a 15mph wind out of the west.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Yep, I hope they can get this thing contained. Looks like it’ll end up being fairly small in terms of acreage, but I fear the impact looks like it’ll be fairly significant in terms of homes etc.

I grew up in Kearny, and the kids from Dudleyville got bussed there to go to school so I know some of the families in that area.  Word is that some have lost homes.  Sucks. 🙏🏼

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Probably is. There is about a 15mph wind out of the west.

The smoke we're getting is from something burning on the San Carlos. Probably salt cedars in the river bottom around Bylas

12 hours ago, Apache7mm said:

Fire in Bylas yesterday near the Rez line.

DAN

20210409_070033.jpg

It's still burning. Ran in the river bottom all the way from Bylas to Ft. Thomas... maybe even passed there toward Eden. Didn't head that way today so I don't know for sure. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Desertguide said:

It's still burning. Ran in the river bottom all the way from Bylas to Ft. Thomas... maybe even passed there toward Eden. Didn't head that way today so I don't know for sure. 

Just drove through the area. It burned from Bylas to Ft. Thomas. The river bottom is solid black the whole way

3 hours ago, Desertguide said:

Just drove through the area. It burned from Bylas to Ft. Thomas. The river bottom is solid black the whole way

Too bad. Probably lost a lot of nesting birds.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Too bad. Probably lost a lot of nesting birds.

Yeah.. its a sad deal.. especially for the birds. On the flip side, 90% of what burned were salt cedars. Maybe they'll suck a few thousand gallons less water in an already dry year.