Sign in to follow this  
gotcoues

Family Affair

bow.jpg

One last trip out to woods this past weekend before the hunt starts. My friend Harvey and I both have promising set ups that I truly plan on taking advantage of for the early archery season. I will be perched at a height of about fifthteen feet in a double treestand (part of the time spent hunting with my awesome daughter). In years past the stars just haven't been aligned for me to take my first coues with a bow. I'm optimistic the time has come, my personal goal is to log at least 40 hours in my stand in pursuit of my first archery coues.

Good luck to all, especially my daughter!!! A.K.A. The mini-huntress

gotcoues....good luck with your hunt and that's just awesome your daughter will be part of your hunt. Your right to expect long hours spent in pursuit of your goal. Sometimes it comes quick but most of the time it is long hours sitting that makes it all work. I'm in no way as experienced as some of the others on here but for me, during these hot days, it's tough to hang in there all day the older I get. My best time to be in the stand is 9am-4pm with 11am-2pm the most active in my past hunts.

Keep us posted and take lots of pictures for all of us to enjoy. Shoot straight! :D

TJ

Dude that is an awesome picture! Nice sunset in the back, and shooting with your daughter. Fantastic! Good luck in your quest!

Whats up Justin! :D Haven't seen you on here in a while. Ashley is one lucky girl to have a dad like you, just as you are one lucky dad to have a daughter like her! If she gets her patience and persistants from you then I know the two of you together will be unstopable. Good luck to you and Ashley! Can't wait to see you and the Mini-Huntress with a pair a monster coues bucks! ;) GO GET EM!

-Tracy

Hey, thanks everyone!!! I'm so pumped, that's for sure. I can't stop thinking about this weekend, time has suddenly slowed down for some reason. Wonder why? ha ha

Hi Tracy, I'm sure you and your Dad are getting pumped for his hunt as well. Looking forward to seeing you in Oct., hope you can make it.

Dude that rocks!

Nothing is better than spending time out with your kids, and promoting a new genreation of hunters!

The best of luck to you two, I hope you nail a big one!

Hey, thanks everyone!!! I'm so pumped, that's for sure. I can't stop thinking about this weekend, time has suddenly slowed down for some reason. Wonder why? ha ha

Hi Tracy, I'm sure you and your Dad are getting pumped for his hunt as well. Looking forward to seeing you in Oct., hope you can make it.

We are definitely pumped! The last couple of times we were up there we saw some really nice bulls. Two in particular. I am going to do everything I can to get my dad to hold out for a good bull. He's lowering the bar after he walked away empty handed on his unit 9 hunt two years ago. That's okay though, as long as its a trophy in his eyes then that's all that matters.

As far as October goes, wouldn't miss it! Can't wait!

-Tracy