CouesWhitetail

matched sheds

Terry Lambeth, aka 25-06, asked me to post this photo for him. It's in the Shed gallery page 9 if you can't see it here.

terry-lambeth-antlers-003.jpg

Said he found them only 7 feet apart! How often does that happen? Josh is going to be jealous.....

Amanda

Nice sheds I have done that a few times in Unit 24b I will send photo's in over the holiday.

Man I just got home from 22 and covered a lot of ground and found "0" sheds. Sometimes you score sometimes you don't. Thats why its killer when you do find one.

Only saw 3 WT spikes and couple does. No ruttin going on.

Dan

Terry,

I have a whole section written up with photos on how to score.

Check it out.

How to Score info

Of course since they are sheds, you get no inside spread measurement. Or you can just guess what you think measurement might be if it were still attached to the skull.

There is a spreadsheet on that link that you can use to calculate the score.

Amanda

Thanks Amanda I will score them after work today.

Nice find. It is always awesome to find a matched set. I found a set earlier this year that were only about 3 feet apart. I scored them to be around 104" with an estimated 13" spread. I will get some photos of them and try and post them on here.

Hey TREESTANDMAN, Sorry it took a while for me to get back at you, But my computer been out of order since the 10"th :D Anyways to answer your ? I read through the way to score them and got confused and never did it. But if anyone would want to score them for me I would be willing to send them off along with $ to have them scored and sent back...P.S. Man it's GREAT to be back on this site again :)

25-06

You will make a total of 8 circumference measurments. 4 on each side. The first between the burr and the eyeguard, 2nd at the smallest circumference point between the eyeguard and the 2nd point, 3rd between the 2nd and 3rd point and the last circumference measurement on a typical 3*3 is halfway between the 3rd point and the end of the main beam. You would then measure the length of the main beam from the outside. Next measure the eyeguard, 2nd point, and 3rd points. Last in your case would be to estimate the inside spread. Add all of these measurements together and you will get the final gross score.

It is pretty confusing and I had to have someone show me how to do it. You might want to take it to a hunting shop there in tucson. Someone there could probably teach you how.

Amanda,

On this bucks left antler, would you count it's left g4 as a point? An would you take the last circumference measurment between it's g3 and g4? I just don't know if you would count that small a point as a g4?

What do you figure inside spred should be on something like this?