COOSEFAN

Product Reveiw:

Jim,

Did you notice any problem/difficulty not having the binos attached to a strap or the pouch system and just loose, like when you are focused looking at something and have to replace the binos in the pouch by feel?

One thing Jaret said he does is he uses a small string as a bino strap. That way if you had to put them down suddenly or you just slipped or something, your binos don't actually fall. But since you have the pouch you don't need a big bino strap like the ones that come with binos.

You can see the green string in this pic from his flyer.

post-1-1219771561_thumb.jpg

I picked up one of these last December (2007) right before my buddy's Dec muzzy cow hunt over in NM where we were expecting and received snow.

I thought it was a nice setup, but needed some modifications. I changed out the zipper pulls (original ones were too noisy) and swapped out the buckles to work with my IPI binos manager. I also cut out the top 'liner' as it was just in the way and was too noisy as Jim mentioned.

This is a nice setup that I used when I carried my 10x42 monarchs, but my 8x42 geovids fit too tightly, so I usually didn't use it with them unless expecting bad weather or really dusty conditions.

Here are a few pictures of the mods I did...

P1080315.jpg

P1080316.jpg

P1080317.jpg

In September I picked up the Badlands Bino Harness. I'm really liking that harness. I've shot my bow with it in practice (not in the field YET), and haven't had any issues. It holds my 8x42 geovids well. I just wish the liner on the Badlands harness was a fleece type material (ie quiet) vs the nylon that is in there. I've thought about putting some fleece rest tape on the inside to see if I can quiet it down. Probably isn't really as noisy as I think it is, but I can hear it so it bugs me. I really like the magnetic closure!

Here is a pic of my Badlands harness...

P1070485_CR.jpg

For what it is worth, the Mad Dog IPI bino cover is much smaller than the original IPI bino manager cover. It just seems the Mad Dog one is more readily available...

Ron

FYI - I will have the NEW Alaska Guide Creations Bino Pouch for sale here on CouesWhitetail.com sometime in the next week or so. Jaret, the guy who makes them, is sending me some as soon as he gets both sizes in stock. He has one made for 15x and one for 10x binos. They will have all the obvious modifications that many of us suggested to Jaret (ie, no liner, quiet zipper pulls, larger size, etc). So this will be a great product for those who want a little more protection for their binos.

Amanda

Thanks Amanda.

I would be interested in the large size...IF my 15xDuovids will fit.

It would be nice to see a write up on how well the different binos fit in these small vs large.

Just my 2 pesos.

I purchased these from Jaret and spoke to him on the phone for a while. Great guys, he could sure use the marketing help. His pack is USA made unlike Badlands. I hope he can find some success with retailers. I like the extra pockets for my rangefinder, wind detector and call for working on a stalk. Everything is right at hand. Very happy and the pricing is fair.

I use it and love it, however the straps creak a bit anyone have advice on how to solve that??

I missed this thread when originally posted, but I'll vouch for it now.

I lost my soft-case for my Swaro 15X56's while archery hunting in the fall of 2010. (Truth be told, I used the soft case for a 'butt pad' while glassing, then left it on the rock when I walked away..... Pinon/Juniper country and I never was able to find the tree I was sitting next to, so they were lost to the deer hunting gods....)

That being said, I went into Outdoorsmans last summer inquiring about a replacement case for my Swaros. I found this one made by Alaska Guide, and bought it. I purchased the Olive color, as opposed to camo. It's been a good case. I was basically looking for a case to provide some cushion/protection for my binos since I lost the original soft case. Seems like a well built 'after market' product, and I've been happy with it.

S.

:)

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1625-1.jpg