Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Fire on the res

Was planning on headed to reservation lake this weekend. Flying in from Denver yesterday I noticed the big smoke plume. Looks like there a few fires in the area. Inceweb wasn't showing much, anyone have any insight? I might be looking for blan B 

My wife was saying pretty smoky in Eagar.  None of the three fires show much containment as they are fairly recent but it is challenging with the wind and temps.  I don't see any road closures yet though but the White Mts in a Holiday weekend is less than ideal.

That's why we usually go to reservation. Doesn't seem like a lot of people are ever there. The rim is a compete shoot show. Once its warm in the valley I won't go there on any weekend. 

• Like 1

There's a fire in the Paddy Butte/10 of Diamonds area. San Carlos is closed and locked going into 10 of Diamonds.

DAN

2021McDonaldClosure.jpg

Good info, Dan! 

I was pondering heading back up to the Black River next week.   I'm guessing at this point, the reservation and national forest will likely VERY soon be under severe restrictions (and possibly closed) until we get some decent monsoon moisture.  IF, we get it this year....