Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Mid-20th Century Safe Space

D-Day the 6th of June 1944, the invasion of Europe. My buddy had a brother that was in the 1st ID, third wave on the beach, said his boots never touched sand.

My grandfather never talked about the war. But I once did a school report on him. He didn't reach Normandy until D-Day+19 bc of the weather, but was part of everything after that including the Battle of the Bulge. In his words "I would never do it again for a million dollars, but I would never sell my experiences. And son, don't ever ask me about it again".

Greatest Generation. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

D-Day the 6th of June 1944, the invasion of Europe. My buddy had a brother that was in the 1st ID, third wave on the beach, said his boots never touched sand.

No words, brother. 

Hope I can pay my respects someday.1_cVjpBJiV4wSCh2BRmi1lRQ.jpeg.092d6eb8e00112a6451aac1b1a63c5a0.jpeg

• Like 3

By the way, glorious Commander in Chief felt it was neccesary to on it any mention of the 1944 Dday invasion. But he did find time to talk about the OK race riot a century ago.

22 minutes ago, Edge said:

By the way, glorious Commander in Chief felt it was neccesary to on it any mention of the 1944 Dday invasion. But he did find time to talk about the OK race riot a century ago.

Total D-bag of a CiC!!! So much lack of respect for our veterans. Biden's a POS.

• Like 3
  • Love 1