Sign in to follow this  
peckl1

First Day

Well, I left the house this morning at 4AM. Got to my favorite spot just at daylight. After about 15 minutes I missed my first shot. Then here comes a white pickup. My truck was parked out in the open. They pulled up and parked about 15 feet from where I was standing. As they started to get out, I stepped out from behind the tree I was using for shade and said "Good Morning". Scared the heck out of them. They said the didn't see me. They got back in their truck and drove over to about 30 feet from my truck. Then they got out of their truck. I asked them where they were going to hunt. " Right here" was the reply. I got in my truck and left. There are too many places to go where I hunt to stay and wonder how long it is going to be before these jerkoffs spray me.

I went to another spot and shot my limit in about an hour and a half. Even got 2 white wings. I saw a bunch more just couldn't get a shot on them.

I hope everyone else had a good day.

Lee

I hunted off Ironwood in queen creek and it was a war zone. At least a thousand rounds shot by the time I left at 9:30am. I could not believe how many people were there. I did get my limit with one whitewing. Missed a few eurasian doves. Going to take my son out this evening without the huge crowd. And game and fish says we are loosing hunters. Not in queen creek, it was down right scarr :unsure: y!

we were out past morristown. was the worst we have seen. 10 plus guys under 20 birds. not many birds, time to relocate south of 10. the kids sure had fun. 8 of them between 8-12 years old. as luck would have, kidbowhunter's streak is alive and well. :rolleyes:

i went out in queen creek near the end of germann. shot 6 whitewings, 4 mourning, and a eurasian...it was like a warzone out there, but it was a blast

Man that is a big pet peeve of mine. I have had more hunts messed up by people ignoring the sight of me and just hunting away as if I wasn't even there. I was fishing at Rose Canyon once and was into 'em... sure as heck a big family shows up...kids, grandmas....sets up within 6' of me and starts throwin lines.....as if I was invisible.....had someone shoot at a deer I had glassed up last season....clearly saw me glassing him as they walked up...took off after him and started blasting away....grrrrrr

Man there were to many people out there but I got my limit. the only probublum was some idiot was out there with a handgun sending bulits every where I heard some pass me to close for comfort.

i went out in queen creek near the end of germann. shot 6 whitewings, 4 mourning, and a eurasian...it was like a warzone out there, but it was a blast

Thats where I was. Crazy how many people hunt that spot. Good job on the whitewings, I saw maybe 20 or so but they were on the west side of the state trust with everyone else.