CouesWhitetail

Mullins Outfitters

This month's sponsor spotlight is shining on Mullins Outfitters.

Of course most of you are familiar with Jim (aka Coosefan) and his many accomplishments as an outfitter, but here are some more details about his business.

Mullins Outfitters has been in business for 6 years and pride themselves on their attitude, honesty, and ethics. Their main focus is on Arizona elk and Coues, but they certainly have enough skill to guide for any animal in AZ. They also are licensed and insured to outfit in New Mexico. Currently, Jim has decided not to guide clients in Mexico anymore due to increased costs and difficulties down there.

Mullins Outfitters uses about 8-10 extremely talented friends and family members as guides. They typically guide 12-15 clients each year and work hard to maintain a personal level of service and attention for each client. They will only take on the number of hunters that they know they can handle and provide a great exericence for each hunter.

Mullins Outfitters can provide completely outfitted camps or just provide information for the self-guided hunter. Each hunt is custom fit for the hunter. Their outfitted hunts can include either wall tents with wood burning stoves, large camp trailers, or nice cabins in certain units. They have a few very talented cooks that can provide anything from simple BBQ to fancy Italian cuisine, but Jim says "Gary’s “secret sauce” ribs are the most famous with past hunters!"

They guide archery hunters as well as rifle hunters. They can provide information to people wanting to do a self-guided hunt. This “Map Service” includes a full detail map with highlighted areas and a fully detailed information sheet. All information is from past and present experience, tips and tactics on how to hunt certain areas, and contact info is provided if any further assistance is needed.

Mullins Outfitters has a very high success rate and have so far never had a client that didn't at least get a shot opportunity on the target species. In fact they have only had one client not kill, and that was due to a missed shot on a 90 inch buck!

Here is what Jim said when asked what was different about his business compared to others.

"We feel our business is different because of the personal attention we give to each hunt in the form of scouting, camp preparations, and the overall quality of the experience. The attitude, honesty and ethics of all our guides and staff provide a comfortable, safe and enjoyable hunt for our hunters. That along with the reputation of continually harvesting quality animals is why most individuals hire us. We pride ourselves on our long referral list of satisfied hunters and are happy to share that list with any interested hunter! "

For more information, please ask questions here in the forum (but remember Jim is out guiding elk hunters, so it might be awhile before he gets back) or visit their website for more info.

http://www.mullinsoutfitters.com/

So, now on to the part you have already skipped to anyway....the PICS!!

post-1-1220387326_thumb.jpg

post-1-1220387347.jpg

post-1-1220387373_thumb.jpg

post-1-1220387392.jpg

post-1-1220387457_thumb.jpg

post-1-1220387431_thumb.jpg

post-1-1220387445.jpg

post-1-1220387483.jpg

post-1-1220387498.jpg

post-1-1220387416_thumb.jpg

Thanks very much Amanda! I just got home to dry out and clean all my gear, but will be headin' back up tomorrow, so I can answer any questions if posted soon! Thanks again, JIM>

I have a question:

In your third picture, who are the co-guides? Especially the one on the direct right of the client? He sure is one good lookin' SOB! :D

I have a question:

In your third picture, who are the co-guides? Especially the one on the direct right of the client? He sure is one good lookin' SOB! :D

I was wonder who those two dingleberries were too. I've seen them hanging off the back side of sheep but never on the back side of a good looking buck like that.

I have a question:

I had similar question about the same pic and whas wondering what happened to that bucks behind :blink: Thought

it was all bloated up but that's when I zoomed in on the pic and noticed it was Casey :o

:lol: :lol:

JK...... :ph34r:

Well, I'll be the first to leave Casey's ugly mug out of this and give a little plug for Jimmy and the boys ;) Last year Longshooter had a unit 10 elk tag, but didn't have much time to scout. I came down from Vegas to help glass but all the spots I knew were on the Boquillas (sp?) as i had a tag there before, but before all the crap went down. Well we only had 2 days to hunt and got skunked on the first day. 2nd day we ran into Jimmy and Craig at a gas station. Longshooter and I introduced ourselves and told them that we didn't see an elk the first day. Well Jim told of us a spot (not a general vicinity, a spot) he almost always sees elk and killed a 350+ bull the year before. About 2 hours after getting to the spot he told us about we were gutting Longshooters first bull. Not a monster, but he was happy. Not many guides would have done that. Thanks again Jim, I hope I can one day return the favor.

Kevin

On a serious side, you all know Jim is a good guy.

I have hunted/guided for/with him. Most outfitters get kind of "numb" to seeing animals getting killed. When our client killed the 100"+ buck, he was as excited as all of us! When I killed my little Mexico deer, he was just as pumped up about it as I was. I thought that was pretty cool!

I have a question:

I see Jim directly to the right :unsure: of the client. Hmmm!

You know Kevin H., I was wonderin' when somebody would point that out! LOL! Casey has had a secret admiration for my good looks for some time now, but I was surprised he made it public info in that post!

Troy and Scout'm.........I'm still rollin' on the floor!

Kevin K., Thanks very much for the kind words! I wish it wasn't that rare for hunters to help other hunters but unfortunately it is nowdays. I'm glad I was able to help out and I was very excited to hear it paid off for you guys!

Casey, thanks for being a good sport! I do get more excited seeing other folks succeed and that is what fuels my passion for what I do! Regardless of an animals score, I've always felt you owe it to the animal to show respect towards the animal and to the person who decided to harvest it. Everyone has their own idea of what a trophy is, and as long as they are doing it for their own ideals and as long as they are happy with their animal, I'll be excited for them everytime! Contrary to popular belief, most outfitters or guides make very little money in this profession. There has to be something in it that keeps ya going and for me it's seeing the emotions on a clients face when he harvests an animal of his dreams.....there's nothing more satisfying than knowing you helped make that happen!

Thanks to everyone here and to the visitors of this site that I know are reading this, we've had tons of support from you all in the past few years and greatly appreciate it! We are all just hunters chasing our dreams and it's been awesome to share our experiences with you all and to see and hear yours over the past few years! Thanks Amanda for all the great things you do and for this awesome site! JIM>

I meet Jim on a 12a east late rifle tag when I shoot a deer that he and his client were hunting. Jim came running up and said did you get him I said I got one. Jim said he had been huntng that buck for three days told me good job. Jim had Bret Prentice cape the deer for me and had me and my family over for dinner that night. Not many people would have done that thanks Jim and Bret.

I meet Jim on a 12a east late rifle tag when I shoot a deer that he and his client were hunting. Jim came running up and said did you get him I said I got one. Jim said he had been huntng that buck for three days told me good job. Jim had Bret Prentice cape the deer for me and had me and my family over for dinner that night. Not many people would have done that thanks Jim and Bret.

AND to this day I'm still upset at you for shooting MY buck! :lol: :lol: :P Just kidding bro, what a stud buck that was, and you deserved it ;) JIM>

Well, I'll be the first to leave Casey's ugly mug out of this and give a little plug for Jimmy and the boys ;) Last year Longshooter had a unit 10 elk tag, but didn't have much time to scout. I came down from Vegas to help glass but all the spots I knew were on the Boquillas (sp?) as i had a tag there before, but before all the crap went down. Well we only had 2 days to hunt and got skunked on the first day. 2nd day we ran into Jimmy and Craig at a gas station. Longshooter and I introduced ourselves and told them that we didn't see an elk the first day. Well Jim told of us a spot (not a general vicinity, a spot) he almost always sees elk and killed a 350+ bull the year before. About 2 hours after getting to the spot he told us about we were gutting Longshooters first bull. Not a monster, but he was happy. Not many guides would have done that. Thanks again Jim, I hope I can one day return the favor.

Kevin

Ditto on what Kevin posted. Jim and Craig were both a class act. They hooked us up that day and we were able to kill a bull