Sign in to follow this  
HUNTMUP

Antelope with Jewelry

Hello all, I hope everyones hunts so far have gone well! I sure have seen some very nice and well deserved animals already taken this year! Attached is a photo of my buddies antelope that we took this last weekend. An intersting addition to his goat was that he was wearing a Game and Fish tracking colar and also sported an ear tag. Not the biggest goat we seen however the uniqueness of this animal was hard to pass up. Hope you enjoy the photos and good luck to all on your hunts this year! Be safe!

Never have posted a picture before so I hope it works..

post-1702-1220908023_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for the comments. Yes, that was the first thing we did after getting him on ice. We took the collar to the Flagstaff branch and turned it in. They were very nice and congratulated us on taking the goat. I think it was the first time in a long time I left a Game and Fish office feeling pretty good about the experience.

Oh and IHunt2Live, Love the Avatar! Mearns in southern Arizona over a great GSP is for sure one of my most cherished times!!

Right on!!! and be sure he turns that collar back into the Game and Fish...... or they will track him down. :P

Should have thrown it on a Swift Truck going cross country!!!!!!! :P :lol:

Right on!!! and be sure he turns that collar back into the Game and Fish...... or they will track him down. :P

Should have thrown it on a Swift Truck going cross country!!!!!!! :P :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Would have been hard to find out who did that but that collar looks like a GPS unit to me that uploads to satelites. They would have been able to watch it take its road trip over the internet.

100% sure that my cousin installed that collar on that goat for G&F. He enjoys jumping out of the helicopter onto those things and all that...for some reason. and whoever said they would track you down was correct...you should hear the stories he tells of those that dont return em. Hilarious.

A replica collar would be a good idea, as the real collar rubbed all the hair off of his neck!! My buddy had to buy a new cape to get it mounted. He plans on putting the ear tag back in though. Thanks again for all the replies, it sure is nice to laugh every now and then especially the pet antelope line :lol: :lol: heck, I told him the only way he ended up with a goat was due to our GPS collar recieving device we borrowed!! Now if I can just get my own tag, 16 B.P. and counting :(