Sign in to follow this  
eddielasvegas

Well, if this is accurate, it's going to be an interesting late rifle hunt.

It's sorta funny that I just got done ordering tire chains for my new (bigger) tires on my Ram 4X4 when the alert to check this post came up.  I don't like the idea of spinning around and going nowhere so I was checking last years wx in Flagstaff on my hunt dates.  I was remembering that old saying "it's better to have them and NOT need them, then to...well you know how it ends. Then as a FINAL decision-making choice, I called my best bud to get his opinion just for the heck of it.  He absolutely stated no reason to do it, so after we hung up, I instantly ordered them.....LOL

• Like 1

"🤷‍♂️ Much of the western U.S., an area already besieged by drought, should expect more dryness, the almanac projects. Nearly all of California, currently battling the raging Caldor Fire near Lake Tahoe, is pegged for a mild and dry winter, along with most of Arizona and parts of western Washington and Oregon." 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 12:28 PM, eddielasvegas said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/almanac-says-were-one-coldest-100136971.html

Not sure what the Alamac predicted in 2019 when my same hunt (more or less) had 12+" of snow the night before opening day, but I'll be following the forecast extra close this year.

Eddie

Yup I was out there to in 2019 as well, Flagstaff area.  First couple days of barely being able to drive around, getting stuck, pulling others out, trying to hike in knee deep snow.  It was a mess, but also a blast if you were prepared.  Ended up tagging out by glassing up tracks on hill sides.

Ill be back out there helping a few friends with their tags👍.

Yep I was up on the muzzy hunt in 6a .put my trailer up tues before hunt sunny and clear.went back in Thursday when my dad showed from .ca and we drove in in blowing snow .it froze the water tanks in the trailers for 4 days