Is there any trouble getting in through Empire ranch?? I'll have to check that out, I don't mind a good party, but wouldn't mind to cut the crowd to a minimum at least.

I have an Oct. 34b tag, I have been scouting the West side of the Wetstones, from Granit peak north. I have yet to see a deer! And worse not much sign. This is the first time i've been coues hunting in this unit. I am going to try scouting the north end, by entering thru Emprita Ranch, probably on Sep. 30th. I have a feeling I will be hunting close to Haystack. Looking at Google earth, it looks pretty good, but I haven't been in there yet. I'm in a grey 05' Tundra, Feel free to stop by if you see me. I'll let you know if I see anything good.

James.

Just a quick thanks to apatkelly and couesaz they have helped me try to figure out acces to the whetstones......which obviously is a trick indeed.

The good news is I finally talked my wife into taking a couple of extra days off from work...she is very dedicated to her 5th graders.......but we will be down there a few days early...whooo hoooo.....looking forward to a good time...

I went scouting on the 16th, I saw 10 doe's and fawns, but no bucks yet. I went in through Emperita ranch the only problem is there is not much room for camping, and you have to get an access pass to enter the area. But thats where I will be from the 22nd till there are three deer hanging in camp (mine, my dad's and brothers). From Haystack mt. to the south and east looks promising.

KP Hunter,

You might try the country north of the Bar-V ranch between I-10 and the northern end of the Empires. I saw two 4x4 mulies, the bigger one scored about 160". There are some hills and points to glass from - they are running in bachelor groups.

now u know why there are leftover tags there every year..? not a bad unit if u can get access my buddys has killed multiple bucks in the 90's on one of the ranches...but nowadays the ranches dont like letting any newcomers get keys...good luck hunt hard.

i am new to coues hunting and also have a 34a tag. sounds like it may be a cluster *** . I plan on hunting Gardner Can. any tips

Thanks

tds