Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

CONCERNS WITH COUESWHITETAIL.COM

Before we get all full of ourselves and pat ourselves on the back about how great the site is. I believe T J has a point. Everyone gets along on this site as long as they follow a certain political correctness. It is not only the long time members that stop posting it is the newer members who might have a divergent point of view and they get hammered. An example is the deer and cattle thread in the biology section. A newer member named couesdog thought there should be limited restrictions on cows. Bowsniper agreed. Many longterm members hammered them calling them out as liberal tree hugging pinkos. Couesdog has not posted since. Of coarse Bowsniper has thick skin and knew before hand that you guys are a bunch of freaks, so he still posts. Another example is when Heffelfinger posts alot of members seem to vent all their anger at G+F policys on him. What do you want him to do on a public forum? Agree with you and say G+F are a bunch of idiots. I'm worried he will get tired of it and stop posting. Why should he put up with it? My point is this site is not going to grow much past its current bunch of loco's unless there is a bit more tolerance which is fine with me, but i am sure Amanda envisioned a larger more dynamic site when she started it.

Bob

P.S. of coarse e-scouters are open game.

Before we get all full of ourselves and pat ourselves on the back about how great the site is. I believe T J has a point. Everyone gets along on this site as long as they follow a certain political correctness. It is not only the long time members that stop posting it is the newer members who might have a divergent point of view and they get hammered. An example is the deer and cattle thread in the biology section. A newer member named couesdog thought there should be limited restrictions on cows. Bowsniper agreed. Many longterm members hammered them calling them out as liberal tree hugging pinkos. Couesdog has not posted since. Of coarse Bowsniper has thick skin and knew before hand that you guys are a bunch of freaks, so he still posts. Another example is when Heffelfinger posts alot of members seem to vent all their anger at G+F policys on him. What do you want him to do on a public forum? Agree with you and say G+F are a bunch of idiots. I'm worried he will get tired of it and stop posting. Why should he put up with it? My point is this site is not going to grow much past its current bunch of loco's unless there is a bit more tolerance which is fine with me, but i am sure Amanda envisioned a larger more dynamic site when she started it.

Bob

P.S. of coarse e-scouters are open game.

Well said. I agree.

E-bashing is bad, agreed.

E-sharing specific information on honey-holes is foolish. If you must be so benevolent, or if you have a need to be recognized for your knowledge, please do it in a pm, so that the general e-scouting public (lurkers, bad guys and all) aren't undersevingly blessed.

It is my opinion, which I am certainly entitled to, that our rescources are limited, and that by handing out information without discretion is robbing people of the joy that we all experience by busting our own butts and doing the field research ourselves.

Let the debate rage: not everyone has the time etc., etc - we've been through this before. Bad attitudes and language have no place here, but if your arguement is that someone pinged you for freely disclosing special hunting spots, you will get no sympathy from me.

Mike

I am pretty much in agreement with Rembrant on this. Although I dont agree with anyone sending a PM to bash you on what you posted. It simply is none of there Business on what you wish to post and that would be my answer back. My rule is I try not to get involved in any discussion debates. I come on here in my free to time to enjoy reading about hunting and seeing others success and sharing some of mine. We are all humans and all have our opinions on each subject. I am sure I wont change yours and You wont change mine. So my intention is to use this website for what it was created for. To share the love of Coues Deer Hunting with others!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Is my first thought when reading the first posts of this thread....

And.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Is my second thought.......

And....

If there was an emoticon that spelled out Boo-Hoo..... :rolleyes: ... it would be my third thought! :lol: :P :lol: :lol:

I also agree with Rembrant about using pm's to "share" info with a member.... or pick up a phone... I share info all the time... on a 1 on 1 basis... not on the world wide web. It is a matter of courtesy to my fellow hunters who have busted a hump and burned fuel & resourses to learn a unit and be a better/more proficient hunter. ;) Showing your knowelge of a particualr unit to all the e-scouters does not impress me or anyone else who has hunted hard for very long.... I know a lot of other people's "Honey Holes"... that does not provoke me to go there or to tell someone else about it.... that is my personal choice..... a choice that many others are not willing to make in an effort to make "new friends" or seem "important" to their peers.

I, also, agree with Bowhunter4life in that the subject matter should be kept free of vulgarities or suggested vulgarities. <_< Nothing related to hunting needs to involve those things....

I love reading and being a contributing member of this site very much.... I enjoy the differences in opinion as much as I enjoy the success stories, or informative threads..... I think "thin skinned" is a very good way of putting it... If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen... ;) I have been unjustly crucified by Trolls/Lurkers... I am still here. I, and my points of view, have been the center of great debate here and responsible to some obviously hard feelings at times.... (guilty, as Casey would say).... I am known for saying what I think and believing what in what I say. I love a good old fashion debate... you win some and you loose some. I will probably be slammed for having an opinion now, but I have broad shoulders and can handle burden. Our differences and our similarities are what bring us here, we need not harbor Perminent hard feellings about mere words or ruin "life-long" friendships because we feel the need to express a point, or over express a point. Opinions are what make this site and our Country a great place to be. I have made many friends here on CW.com and hope to make a few more. And to those I have offened or have offened me.... "No hard feelings.... I'm over it.... you should be, too!" ;) :P

Welcome to the Net age of hunting I say. I was one of the newbies to hunting in 2001 and I drew a tag in 2002. I found a site called MM. I thought it was great. You could post questions and get reasonable answers. Then something changed. By 2005 it was a pi%%ing contest. State vs state for elk and everyone bashing the heck out of the guy who gets on the site for the first time and asks questions about a unit. I just think you can get rubbed the wrong way right of the bat with members of a site. I was a guy who asked questions back then and got some nice answers. If you do that now you will get crushed for E-scouting. Well I have an opinion on this. We should not bash someone for asking a question. There are also a lot of younger kids these days that do not know how to communicate other than email or text messaging. If they get on here or any other site and ask a question, then get hammered by all these (experts), what good does that do? Sometimes a little general information is all someone is asking for. Secondly, on these topics that have come up in the past. Some guys have nuts face to face and some guys don't. But it seems everyone has the big cohonas on these type of sites. I have a friend who gave a great analogy to me, he said it is like that Brad Paisley song about my space. On here anyone can talk big or try to. In my opinion if you don't have the courage to say something to someones face don't come on here or any other site and run your mouth. It is very easy to get PC muscles and pump out a bunch of crap. Keep it real and to the point. The ONLY reason I ever visit this site is for enjoyment. And to see pictures and stories of other peoples adventures. I have read many posts and held back on certain things some members have said. But I feel sometimes people can dig their own holes by themselves, and do not need any help. So anything I ever write or post is my solid opinion and if you see me in the flesh you can get the same answer. But we do have kids on this site and we have to be careful of what we say and how we say it. Keep it real, stay off the Internet steroids, and we will all be fine.

It really doesn't matter where you are or what you say sooner or later someone will always have a different opion then yours. But there's nothing wrong with that.Am I right or am I wrong.

I am a new member to the site and this is my first post. As a new member and hunter, I have gotten a lot of valuable and not so valuable info from the membership. All of it has increased my knowledge as a sportsman and allowed me to consider others' perspectives.

I would also like to know what is the deal about unit 22 because it is my backyard. But I don't want to see it posted up for all to see. I am not the one to air dirty laundry nor would ask. I would rather here the good (ear muffs:)) Thanks