Putting the presidential race aside, this is possibly the most devastating issue to come across our ballot ever. If you value your right to religious freedom and everygthing else that comes along with this issue a YES vote is a must.

Imagine this.......your church can't teach the adam and eve theory because you are being prejudiced against same sex partners.

Boy Scouts which has already been severely damaged due to similar type pressure would have to shut down due to being prejudiced against girls, girls who like girls and guys who like guys.........

Adoption agency in Mass. shuts down because of their policy to adopt kids to Male/Female couples...that has already happened..........

If you are a God fearing person and care at all about your rights to worship as you have in the past you gotta vote YES on this issue.

This country was founded on a belief in God and Christ and this is a step in the wrong direction in a bad, bad way.....

I heard that A BUNCH pastors from around country are meeting today here in Phoenix to discuss how they are gonna motivate/ mobilize their congregations to vote yes on the Marriage Amendment.

THAT NEVER HAPPENS AT OUR CHURCH!

I think they realize that the fall of every lost civilization can be traced to dates shortly following how those societies ACCEPTED unnatural relationships as "normal"

Same thing I would do to any of my kids who decided to do things that were contrary to Christs teachings and natural human behavior.......love them to death and try to teach them how to deal with the abnormal feeling that they have. If they wanted to "come out of the closet" that is their choice.

What would I do for an alcoholic child.....same thing...

What should we do with people who kill their newborn child.....create laws that makes that OK? Love them to death and try to teach them the error in their ways.............

We have already made laws that allow abortion.......or killing of an unborn child.........that is enough to send this country to the bottom of the ocean...........if my daughter chose to have an abortion, what would I do......love her to death and try to teach her principles that are in line with the teachings of Christ........

I am going to play devil's advocate (no pun intended) and ask the question.....What if you found out your child, who you love dearly, was a homosexual? Would you want them to hide their orientation and live in fear and be unhappy for the rest of their life, or would you want them to be happy?

I am going to play devil's advocate (no pun intended) and ask the question.....What if you found out your child, who you love dearly, was a homosexual? Would you want them to hide their orientation and live in fear and be unhappy for the rest of their life, or would you want them to be happy?

good question, fair question and thought/response provoking.

here is my answer, and I dont expect it to be popular, just true. I do not believe that homosexuality is "discovered" or genetic - I believe it is a choice and my truth source - the Bible, says it's sin.

I am not threatened by homosexuality and not uncomfortable around folks who have made that choice [as long as they dont flame]... so if my son or daughter were to announce one day that they had chosen to live contrary to how God designed them - I would do everything in my parental power [except jeopardize my relationship with them] to give Godly counsel and help them overcome their sin... NOT the mindset of everyone, but definitely mine.

Furthermore, when impressionable children receive regular messages, both direct and indirect, that MARRIAGE = ONE MAN & ONE WOMAN, and THAT is the best way to grow a family GOD's way, then I'd suspect they are less impressed by the debauchery of Elen Degenerate or susceptible to being "turned" through prolonged exposure to Will and Grace.

When a dad models proper affection, admiration, protection... towards his wife, that kind of INDIRECT impression-ing makes it FAR less likely that they will make alternative lifestyle choices.

I appreciate your question and hope you take no offense to my comments - especially if someone in your family lives an alternative lifestyle. Christians rightfully take it on the chin for being judgmental, mostly because they present THEIR opinions and usually NOT in love - they way JC told them to do it. But I was asked and I am sharing with you [and anyone amused enuff to read this] what the BIBLE says. Ifin' anyone wants scripture quoted - can do!

Regards and thanks for asking a good question!

GIG

The Constitution says this is a state matter (any power not given to the Federal Government in the Constitution is to be defered to each state to decide for themselves).

If the people of the State decide that this is not acceptable, then that is the way it should be. Same as if they decide that it is acceptable.

The people of the State of California passed a gay marriage ban, by a wide margin, yet their judges have struck it down and forced it upon them against their will. Why are they judges still on the bench and why does this legislation from the bench have any merit?

This is very interesting. I do not know if anyone that I am related to has chosen to live their life as a homosexual. However, chances are, in today's world, I am. I do find it interesting how we supposedly want separation of church and state, yet marriage is performed in a church and bonded by municipalities. With the separation of church and state, then a marriage should be either a church matter or a state matter. If a church matter, then what ever religion sanctifies homosexual unions should govern those marriages. If a state matter, then everyone should be afforded the rights guaranteed by our bill of rights.

I personally do not understand a homosexual relationship, however, I think we do need to determine whether or not marriage is a church or state issue. I think it may be too entrenched in both to simply say it is one or the other.

The Constitution says this is a state matter (any power not given to the Federal Government in the Constitution is to be defered to each state to decide for themselves).

If the people of the State decide that this is not acceptable, then that is the way it should be. Same as if they decide that it is acceptable.

The people of the State of California passed a gay marriage ban, by a wide margin, yet their judges have struck it down and forced it upon them against their will. Why are they judges still on the bench and why does this legislation from the bench have any merit?

Because it's California thats why! It's not a democracy or majority rules state. It's a who has the best lawyer state! If you've got enough money you get what you want in California. Unfortunatly what California does the rest of the stupid blind sheep in this nation are soon to follow.

I say if the people vote for it, then it automaticly becomes law!

YES TO 102! Stop letting the minority screw things up for the rest of us! (pun intended)

I don't understand how people of this country can condemn homosexual marriages, yet have no problem with 40+ year old men marrying 5 or 6 14 year old girls. I would consider that a cause for the fall of this country.

JMO

Mike

Other than the men that are involved in this practice, who or what group of people are saying they have no problem with it? Or perhaps you're just suggesting that our Governments lack of any real action regarding the matter is suggesting it's ok?

Please allow me to clarify my thoughts on this matter - I will do so in the same way I explain things to my kids. What 2 people do in the privacy of their homes or how/who they chose to bond with for life IS THEIR BUSINESS - NOT mine, NOT my church's, NOT my government.

BUT, dont defile one of the most precious gifts God purposefully blessed us with [the joy and shared responsibilities of a man and woman who stand b4 God and promise to be true to one another], by stealing and defiling the name of our sacred union MARRIAGE and calling your unnatural union a marriage too.

Like I tell my kids, you can call yourself a pickle, you can make a t-shirt that says "Im a pickle", you can write a book entitled My Life As a Human Pickle, you might even find someone or a group of people who would agree with you - but that doesnt make you a pickle! And two guys or two gals that want to be together in a some form of a union ARE NOT "MARRIED".

Now if some states want to give them rights based on their pledges and promises to one another - THAT is up to the voters of the states.

But as for me and my state - we are gonna vote for a marriage amendment to protect the institution of, the definition of, and sanctity of MARRIAGE

Marriage is marriage, and a pickle is a pickle.

I'd vote for a marriage amendment again and again as well.

Please allow me to clarify my thoughts on this matter - I will do so in the same way I explain things to my kids. What 2 people do in the privacy of their homes or how/who they chose to bond with for life IS THEIR BUSINESS - NOT mine, NOT my church's, NOT my government.

BUT, dont defile one of the most precious gifts God purposefully blessed us with [the joy and shared responsibilities of a man and woman who stand b4 God and promise to be true to one another], by stealing and defiling the name of our sacred union MARRIAGE and calling your unnatural union a marriage too.

Like I tell my kids, you can call yourself a pickle, you can make a t-shirt that says "Im a pickle", you can write a book entitled My Life As a Human Pickle, you might even find someone or a group of people who would agree with you - but that doesnt make you a pickle! And two guys or two gals that want to be together in a some form of a union ARE NOT "MARRIED".

Now if some states want to give them rights based on their pledges and promises to one another - THAT is up to the voters of the states.

But as for me and my state - we are gonna vote for a marriage amendment to protect the institution of, the definition of, and sanctity of MARRIAGE

I am not trying to pick a fight, but I do have one question based on your statement. It appears to me that you view marriage as a religious union. So, in this view, you now want the state to step in and legally define a religious belief?

You are assuming that the homosexual people are happy.

I know a number of x-gays. THEY say that the homosexual lifestyle is the emptiest most non-fulfilling thing they have ever experienced. Whoah! Did I just type x-gay? Yep these folks are real, and finally realized that sin is a choice.

Heck, I heard on Oprah the other day that men who cheat on their wifes have a gene that makes them do it. Let's add them to the list of people that were made that way by God. Let's see now, we have homosexuals, pedifiles, and now men who cheat on their wives. No accountability; they are all victims made that way by God?

To God they will answer.

Sin is sin, and the more we induldge the further we stray from our maker, wether it be lying, stealing, drunkeness, or homosexuality. The X-gay people I know left the lifestyle because they wanted a closer relationship with Jesus. This is what they chose.

Mike

The fall of America as we know it now????? To me, that's funny! :lol:

I suppose that when women were given the right to vote that many folks figured it was the fall of America as they knew it.... I also suppose that when black people were given the right to sit on any seat, as opposed to the back of the bus, that some folks likely figured that it was the fall of America as they knew it to.... :o :o :o

Here's my take; Gay marriage? Do I support it? Well, I haven't been to any gay weddings so I guess I haven't yet. Do I think it's wrong for a couple of guys to get married? Not sure..... Do I care if they say their married? Definitely not... Doesn't affect me personally in the least....

"The fall of America as we know it?" How about the current debt & financial crisis that the government is dealing with? Bailing HUGE companys out of their mess with our tax money (money we don't have, by the way.....)! To me, that is a MUCH MUCH MUCH more pressing issue than if a couple of guys/girls want to get married to each other. How about how our children & grandchildren are going to deal with this debt mess???? How about how strong America is financially in the next 100 years & how we retain our position in the world so our offspring can prosper as we have? Again, to me these are MUCH more pressing issues!

Freedom & choice are what has made this country great IMO. Not government control over what folks do in the privacy of their own homes....

My $.02.... ;)

S.

:)

PS: I sure hope Amanda gets a chance at a big elk!!!! She's been working VERY hard at it!