so do we get "straight men" sign on bathrooms for us in return so we dont have to feel like there are guys trying to sneek a peek. :lol:

... So if a trans-gendered Sunday school teacher decides to show up on Sunday to teach the third graders dressed in drag, there will be nothing the church can do about it inside the new law. Or if a gay person wants a leadership position at the church the gay thing cannot be a reason to not hire this person.

Mike

I dunno which church you're talking about Mike, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that with or without the new law - your church would do it God's way! I know ours down here in Peoria would. In fact my wife works at the church in kids' ministry and they tell you when you apply, this is not an Equal Employment Opportunity and you can be terminated for any business or Biblical reason they see fit.

I am proud of my church's decision to terminate employees who had allowed their lives to spin outside of God's plan and refuse to measures to correct it [and correction help is always offered]

It seems as though these gay people are harmless, silly and they ain't hurtin nobody. But they's a sneekin up on ya. In fact they are probably already gettin you and you don't even know it yet.

Mike

Mike,

You are right, and it is even sneaker than you think. You, and most everyone else, refer to homosexuals as "gay". The homosexual agenda has hijacked the word "gay" to mean homosexual. But what does gay really mean? Happy, jolly, merry. That's what they want you to think about homosexuality: happy, jolly, merry, good things. Don't buy into or promote the homosexual agenda by calling them "gay". Call a homosexual a homosexual.

Mark

Mike,

You are right, and it is even sneaker than you think. You, and most everyone else, refer to homosexuals as "gay". The homosexual agenda has hijacked the word "gay" to mean homosexual. But what does gay really mean? Happy, jolly, merry. That's what they want you to think about homosexuality: happy, jolly, merry, good things. Don't buy into or promote the homosexual agenda by calling them "gay". Call a homosexual a homosexual.

Mark

I KNEW YOU COULDN'T RESIST!!!

This is a topic that has been around our hunting campfire more then one time.The conclusion that I have come up with is us Christians feel that this is a sign of bad things to come (For the unsaved).We feel this because it say's in the bible that when thing's get real bad again,Jesus will come and take all of the saved with him and the rest are going to get a sun tan.Some of the people that hunt with us are not christians and they think people are born that way.Guy's can be born very feminine or girl's very masculine.But if they are raised in a caring,loving home then they do not feel the pressure of (making the choice) and carry out the dirty deeds of the devil.I have a

guy cousin that is gay and it is very plain to see from the way he was raised why he made his choice.He is one of the nicest guy's in the world,but he is very sad.

Putting the presidential race aside, this is possibly the most devastating issue to come across our ballot ever. If you value your right to religious freedom and everygthing else that comes along with this issue a YES vote is a must.

If you are a God fearing person and care at all about your rights to worship as you have in the past you gotta vote YES on this issue.

This country was founded on a belief in God and Christ and this is a step in the wrong direction in a bad, bad way.....

So what about the religious freedoms of non christians? Or do you simply say/imply; F! non-christians? Constitutions guarantee rights not take them away. People like to make this issue about "the sanctity of marriage" and the meaning of the word. Puh-LEASE! This is all about money. Christians don't want THEIR tax dollars funding something THEIR religion doesn't condone. However a person regardless of sexual orientation color or religion should be able to choose whomever they please as the recipient of their benefits. ll of the arguements made so far are weak based entirely on faith and opinion. You could substitute the word black or hindu with every gay or homosexual reference and see how silly this arguement is. This amendment proposition simply furthers the image of Christian egocentricism. This blatant bigotry is why I rejected Christianity. Hate everyone who is not Christian and despise those not of the same denomination. Hmmm a religion that pushes hatred and calls it tolerance and if you're a good little hater you get a prize after you die.

Putting the presidential race aside, this is possibly the most devastating issue to come across our ballot ever. If you value your right to religious freedom and everygthing else that comes along with this issue a YES vote is a must.

If you are a God fearing person and care at all about your rights to worship as you have in the past you gotta vote YES on this issue.

This country was founded on a belief in God and Christ and this is a step in the wrong direction in a bad, bad way.....

So what about the religious freedoms of non christians? Or do you simply say/imply; F! non-christians? Constitutions guarantee rights not take them away. People like to make this issue about "the sanctity of marriage" and the meaning of the word. Puh-LEASE! This is all about money. Christians don't want THEIR tax dollars funding something THEIR religion doesn't condone. However a person regardless of sexual orientation color or religion should be able to choose whomever they please as the recipient of their benefits. ll of the arguements made so far are weak based entirely on faith and opinion. You could substitute the word black or hindu with every gay or homosexual reference and see how silly this arguement is. This amendment proposition simply furthers the image of Christian egocentricism. This blatant bigotry is why I rejected Christianity. Hate everyone who is not Christian and despise those not of the same denomination. Hmmm a religion that pushes hatred and calls it tolerance and if you're a good little hater you get a prize after you die.

WOW...

I guess I'd like to know which so called Christian churches are preaching hatred and bigotry? Seems to me there is quite a difference between hating a person and hating an action? What say you Mr. Smith?

I don't think Christians are so much concerned with how there tax dollars are spent as much as they are concerned that Uncle Sam will be telling them they have to believe/act a certain way or loose there tax exempt status. I think groups like the Boy Scouts are concerned that they will be forced to embrace ideas that go against the things they stand for. I think orginizations like foster care and adoption agencies will be forced to place children in homes that don't have the type of values they are looking for. I fail to see the hatred or bigotry in any of those positions.

Mr. Smith,

I never said I hated anybody, Hindu, Black or Homosexual, as a matter of fact I clearly stated that if one of my children ever declared that they chose a different sexual orientation I would love them to death and continue to try and teach them true principals. And yes it is all about faith, belief and opinion and that is what some of us have been expressing and exchanging...beliefs and opinions.

I am not sure where your heritage lies, but my heritage came across the great waters because of faith and opinion.

This country was established on people who had faith and opinion.

It is as hard for you to believe that we have faith and opinion as it is for us to imagine life without it. I believe that the very foundation of this country was built off of faith and belief in a God and that we will in fact pay the price not in just in heck but right here on this American continent if we don't adhere to those commandments and laws that have been set forth through Christ. Yes that is my belief and what I base my opinion on and I know that is very hard for some to get a grip on, but that is how I base my daily actions and decisions. By the way which I don't do a very perfect job of, but it is my rudder and my compass.

Just my opinion of course

Hatred, militant discrimination, same diff.

bigotry

4 dictionary results for: bigotry

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

big·ot·ry /ˈbɪgətri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[big-uh-tree] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun, plural -ries. 1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

2. the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1665–75; bigot + -ry, formation parallel to F bigoterie]

—Synonyms 1. narrow-mindedness, bias, discrimination.

Not necessarily directly taught at church but in the home. Intolerance is taught to children when children associate these people with sin they are parallelled with the devil. THuis children also grow up intolerant.

Freedom of religion includes all religions, not just Christianity. It is not freedom from religion.

reminds me of a bill board I saw downtown.

WTC.jpg

I am not trying to change anyones mind on anything. Just trying to raise awareness.

Hmmm, don't see the word God a single time in my last post. Checked it twice.

Hatred, militant discrimination, same diff.

bigotry

4 dictionary results for: bigotry

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This

big·ot·ry /ˈbɪgətri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[big-uh-tree] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun, plural -ries. 1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

2. the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1665–75; bigot + -ry, formation parallel to F bigoterie]

—Synonyms 1. narrow-mindedness, bias, discrimination.

Not necessarily directly taught at church but in the home. Intolerance is taught to children when children associate these people with sin they are parallelled with the devil. THuis children also grow up intolerant.

Freedom of religion includes all religions, not just Christianity. It is not freedom from religion.

reminds me of a bill board I saw downtown.

WTC.jpg

I am not trying to change anyones mind on anything. Just trying to raise awareness.

we call it our beliefs and faith, you call it ethics or whatever you call. either its the same in some respect. you choose not to do something wrong for whatever reason and we choose not to do it because it goes against our beliefs. let me tell you, not once, not once im my life- at home or at church- have ever heard a word on not paying taxes or anything to do with taxes. let me ask you, do you give money and support peta and other tree hugging orginizations? and dont talk christianity with a surface knowledge. as it was said before we hate actions not actors. please dont try to tell me what i believe.