Zackary11keeme

Bonus Points

Do AZ residents lose bonus points if you don’t put in consecutive years like other states? After looking over my account I’m pretty confused because based on previous draw apps, I should have more Bp’s after not being drawn. Specifically antelope and elk. Am I missing something?

37FB89A8-050D-4B7F-BD4D-A807A4344686.png

E765EE64-A0E2-417F-96E6-40373E581B72.jpeg

I believe the rule is if you don't apply for 5 years in a row then you lose your points. But if you applied in 16, missed 17, 18, 19, 20 and then applied in 21 I would think that should be considered putting in within the 5 years. I would think you could argue that and get your points back. Not that it matters but my question would be if you were buying a hunting license all those years why weren't you buying an antelope and elk point as well?

15 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

I believe the rule is if you don't apply for 5 years in a row then you lose your points. But if you applied in 16, missed 17, 18, 19, 20 and then applied in 21 I would think that should be considered putting in within the 5 years. I would think you could argue that and get your points back. Not that it matters but my question would be if you were buying a hunting license all those years why weren't you buying an antelope and elk point as well?

Hopefully that is the case and I can get them back. I’ll reach out to them tomorrow. Unfortunately, I procrastinated all those years and missed out. 

You loose your loyalty point for not putting in for consecutive years and you will have to put in for 5 years in a row to get that back all the rest are draw points and carry over you just don't get the loyalty 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Zackary11keeme said:

Do AZ residents lose bonus points if you don’t put in consecutive years like other states? After looking over my account I’m pretty confused because based on previous draw apps, I should have more Bp’s after not being drawn. Specifically antelope and elk. Am I missing something?

37FB89A8-050D-4B7F-BD4D-A807A4344686.png

E765EE64-A0E2-417F-96E6-40373E581B72.jpeg

Looks like they haven't updated the points for this year yet once that is done your total for elk and antalope will go up 1 more point

If you apply for a species for five consecutive years, you earn a loyalty point for THAT species.  If you miss a single year, you lose it and it won't come back until you apply for five consecutive years again.

I believe that you can miss a year, now and then, and still retain the points you earned by being rejected in a drawing, but if you miss five in a row for a species all but your hunter's safety points go away.

• Like 2

On 11/4/2021 at 7:06 AM, Crazymonkey said:

Looks like they haven't updated the points for this year yet once that is done your total for elk and antalope will go up 1 more point

They have updated the Elk and Ant. points