Sign in to follow this  
devinv

which model of rifle do you prefer?

I only have 9 rounds through my SubMOA, but the action feels good so far. Not sure if the extra money for the Mark V action is worth it, having said that, I have never owned a Mark V so I cannot give a side by side comparison.

well going back to the recent Outdoor Life article - the most accurate gun they tested was the Vanguard Sub - MOA with their best group at 100 yards of .24 inches.

thanks for the replies, the vanguard sub moa and mark v synthetic ss are the same price range, just wondering if anybody has compared the two because they are built on different actions and the mark v has a krieger barrel which a lot of people say is a very good barrel.

Don't rule out quality just because it is made in Japan. Browning makes alot of models in Japan. I own one and its one of the most the prettiest, well made, and most accurate gun I own.

They are using a Criterion barrel on the Mark V, which is different from the regular Krieger. Button vs cut rifling, homed vs lapped, and not vs cryogenically treated.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/krieger_criterion_tour.htm

The Mark-V synthetic has an injection molded stock, but it does have a 54* as opposed to a 90* bolt lift, which would be nice with a scope like a Conquest with its large ocular rubber ring.

if it was between the pillar bedded sub moa vanguard or the wood mark v sporter.. which would be the better rifle? does the wood raised comb stock offer an advantage over the pillar bedded synthetic? or is this simply down to which action is better between the two now?

I have owned three Browning Stainless stalkers with the Boss, and everyone of them have been tack drivers. Plus if you are a lefty, they have quite a few calibers to choose from. I have also read good things about some of the Savages and Tikka's. I have learned alot lately on this website by just reading through some of the articles and forums. David

http://www.6mmbr.com/index.html

I had a client in 2006 whos Mark V custom deluxe basically "failed". If my memory serves me correctly, the housing on the very rear of the bolt "twisted" away from the rest of the bolt, making it not possible to use. Despite the urging of Christian and myself, he kept removing the bolt from the rifle when he would put it in the case.... He ended up using my rifle, scratched the heck out of it and missed a nice buck!

I am yet to read anything bad about the Vanguard Sub MOA.

I had a client in 2006 whos Mark V custom deluxe basically "failed". If my memory serves me correctly, the housing on the very rear of the bolt "twisted" away from the rest of the bolt, making it not possible to use. Despite the urging of Christian and myself, he kept removing the bolt from the rifle when he would put it in the case.... He ended up using my rifle, scratched the heck out of it and missed a nice buck!

I am yet to read anything bad about the Vanguard Sub MOA.

thank you.