Sign in to follow this  
AZAV8ER

Snow in 35B late 80's

I was hunting in 35B in the late 80's maybe 87-90 and we got dumped on one afternoon about 4 inches of snow. I recall it was a late October hunt. Does anyone else recall this?

• Like 2

Hunted the unit '87 'or '88 no snow

9 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

I was hunting in 35B in the late 80's maybe 87-90 and we got dumped on one afternoon about 4 inches of snow. I recall it was a late October hunt. Does anyone else recall this?

Had snow last year during the same hunt, unit north of there last year. 97 or 98 snow again in same unit, same hunt but more of it. Short sleeves on Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon bundled up!

I remember, I was in 32. Frozen coffee pot.

35 minutes ago, Sky Island junkie said:

Had snow last year during the same hunt, unit north of there last year. 97 or 98 snow again in same unit, same hunt but more of it. Short sleeves on Friday afternoon and Saturday afternoon bundled up!

Found my notes and it was 1996. Yep warm Friday and Saturday dark by 3:00 pm and inches of snow by 4:00 PM.

39 minutes ago, Avion said:

I remember, I was in 32. Frozen coffee pot.

I missed a couple hunts in mid 80's and Dad was telling me of one hunt when the things in the ice chest froze.

3 hours ago, AZAV8ER said:

Found my notes and it was 1996. Yep warm Friday and Saturday dark by 3:00 pm and inches of snow by 4:00 PM.

I remember that year. I was 15 years old. We were in 36B and it snowed on us as we were heading home that Saturday night. 

• Like 1