JSR

Scope recommendation

1 hour ago, 308Nut said:

Do you have an MOA base? You can get tapered rails to 40MOA

Can you explain that? I have the same scope with standard rings. Will it give more MOA?

39 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Can you explain that? I have the same scope with standard rings. Will it give more MOA?

You can get bases with a downhill slope. Essentially it allows the objective to be at lower plane than the eyepiece. The whole scope will be at an angle in relation to the receiver instead of level. 

Yes, I’ll allow you to extend your range by the MOA value you choose. 20 MOA rails are the most common. 

here’s an example:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/nightforce-1-piece-20-moa-base-for-savage-new-style.html

23 hours ago, 308Nut said:

Do you have an MOA base? You can get tapered rails to 40MOA

I have a 20 MOA base on this particular rifle, though that has nothing to do with the scope's limitations.

The BT turret  on the Swaro Z5 is designed to have 4 set zero's that are adjustable by the scope owner along with an adjustable zero stoop.  The outdoorsman's and others offer a custom turret  (mine is just a plain 1/4 MOA dial), but the design of the turret only gives you a maximim 13.25 MOA of adjustment upwards from the zero stop. 

It's a great scope, great optics, huge eyebox,  reliable and repeatable (I've had it for 10 years now on my primary deer rifle with nary a problem) and the 4w reticle is simple and very functional.  For me, the 13ish MOA keeps my hunting shots to under 750 yards which is probably about as far as I should be shooting @ animals with a 6.5x47. 

• Like 1

Zeiss V4 or v6

• Like 1