Sign in to follow this  
willhunt4coues

Coueswhitetail Elk Pull

I thought I would share the coueswhitetail.com elk pull picture :D

post-2094-1223569591_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1223569657_thumb.jpg

Well, thats pretty cool...............but good way to ruin a perfectly good cape ;)

Jeff

Can't eat the cape. :D I did a european mount. ;)

Clay, congrats on your bull :D .

Sometimes a taxidermist might want a good cape as extra, as other hunters sometimes cut it a little short, or the hair starts to slip because they don't recover the bull that night or leave in too much neck meat and the hide does not cool. Befriend your friendly taxi. ;)

Otherwise, if you tie around the neck instead of the rear legs and drag, it will be easier as you won't be pulling against the hair, antlers and unfolded legs.

Doug~RR

Clay, congrats on your bull :D .

Sometimes a taxidermist might want a good cape as extra, as other hunters sometimes cut it a little short, or the hair starts to slip because they don't recover the bull that night or leave in too much neck meat and the hide does not cool. Befriend your friendly taxi. ;)

Otherwise, if you tie around the neck instead of the rear legs and drag, it will be easier as you won't be pulling against the hair, antlers and unfolded legs.

Doug~RR

We tried around the neck and he just started plowing the ground. If anyone would have said to keep the cape for them I would have but otherwise I knew I would just european mount him. I don't know any taxis so that would have helped also to know a few. Thanks for the heads up though. I know next time to ask around. ;)

Some taxi's will trade you a free YOUR-A-PEE'N mount for a good cape.

I have a Batman cape..... ;)

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeff

Hey Gaucho you guys are back already or do you have a laptop up with you. I swear i talked to you guys on your way out of town.