couesfreak23

4B archery antelope info/pass tag holders

Have a close friend that was lucky enough to draw the tag with not much points. Going to be doing everything we can to prepare for this hunt. This is why im reaching out to this community in hopes that someone could share some information on unit and possible tactics to be successful. We will be taking several trips into the unit before the hunt to scout but any info your willing to share would be a great help. I know people like bashing for asking for information but i know there is other half of us hunters that help each other to be successful, so what that being said thanks in advance and happy hunting fellas.

Drive down Hutch Road. See goat. Shoot goat.

• Like 5

Just like most antelope hunts get up there and scout as much as possible. Hit every road you can find and glass all day because they are out all day. Gonna be hot so have to get close to see what you're looking at with heat waves. Focus on a few bucks you like and then make about 20 stalks and hope for a shot then do it 20 more times for another shot. There are a lot of posts online about archery antelope tactics. If it's hot and dry find a water source they're hitting and put up a blind. There's not any specific spot in 4b (out of the pines) that is "better" for antelope. They're everywhere.   

• Like 1

Good luck to you guys!!!

Any luck with seeing decent bucks?!?!  

I have a rifle tag in 4B that runs from 9/2-9/11 and could use some help...I need more time to scout...