Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Anyone do security camera installs

5 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

I just did the blink system on my place and love it, motion lights with camera and cloud auto upload is amazing. I can watch my whole property quick and easy and no wiring. 

How far from a base can you put the cameras ?

how are they powered?

I have the "ring" brand. One hard wired and two on battery. The battery cams last maybe a month and a half. The furthest from modem is about 180'.

Screenshot_20220611-183036~2.png

15 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

We just got the 3 cam version for our place. Install tomoro.

Have you found the motion sensor works pretty good on these? 

yes they work really well, also you can modify the area they trigger on so you get a nice big view but not all of it will trigger. The app pulls up the view and you can remove squares from the motion side like a bush off to the right or the edge of your drive where kids ride by. The only draw back is if internet goes out they go out. Luckily I still have my hard wired security and cams for back up.

• Thanks 1

Ya and the cool deal is each camera comes with a wifi puck so you can extend them away from you base signal. I did them on far ends of a 2600 sq house with no issues. I can also turn the lights on remote and talk through them from anywhere i have internet. Over a month now and battery is still half full even with lights coming on and checking them daily for my mules and dogs. really like them so far. We can watch the cabin up north on them remote also. Up there they are more like game cams

I have experience setting up cameras and doorbells, so I'd be happy to assist your father-in-law. I'm actually new on this forum, but I'm eager to lend a hand. By the way, have you considered adding smart home automation to the mix? It can really enhance the security system. Let me know if you're interested, and we can discuss the details

• Like 1