willhunt4coues

digital camo Savage 30-06

That'd friggin sweet Clay!! Did you do it yourself or send it in somewhere?

-Jeremy-

I did it myself. Krylon camo paint. I cut the stencils out and the rest was history.

I've wanting to do this for a while. I've been looking at the Duracoat product. How is the Krylon Paint supposed to hold up? How did you apply it? Did you have to use a HVLP sprayer? Was is difficult? It looks bad a**. Good job.

I've wanting to do this for a while. I've been looking at the Duracoat product. How is the Krylon Paint supposed to hold up? How did you apply it? Did you have to use a HVLP sprayer? Was is difficult? It looks bad a**. Good job.

Krylon is about the only way to go. I looked at the duracoat------ to much prep work. All you need to do is dissasemble the whole gun stock, barrel, scope and tape everything off you don't want sprayed. I have the synthetic stock so all you need to do is soap and water to clean it. The barrel well it was scarry you need to run some sand paper on it if it is a blued barrel. I did the whole gun in 4 hours thats disasembling painting and reasemble. It is pretty easy to do. The Krylon is like the plastic paint it is for everything. If you have a really expensive gun don't do it but if your gun costs about 700.00 with the scope then go for it. HVLP sprayer no i did not use just the regular spray cans. Cut out about 15 templates of squares on different sheets of the small poster board paper. Paint your back ground Kayki for desert or green for forest then add as much green as brown then some black. Check this out.

Of course this is the same tech but just digital.

Looks good, keep us in the know on how it holds up. I know casey did a scatter gun in fleckstone and i think his has help up pretty good

I went from about 1 inch groups to .25 inch groups. I think it works great. For free floating barrels you need it 3/4 inch from the end of the barrel and for regular you need it 3/4 from the stock. I was not dissapointed. ;)

Wow , might have to try one . 'Ya reckon a rubber bushing off a junk pickup might work ? ;)

:huh: