Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

ND Whitetail...Not a coues, sorry.

Hey guys, new on here, just got misplaced down here from ND for a few years for school. I missed my first archery whitetail opener back home this year in 17 years, it made me sick!!! My buddy arrowed a buck that would have been mine for opener, ended up grossing 174. Anyhow, figured i'd put up a pic of my buck from last year, grossed 162. It was the biggest bodied buck I've ever seen, I didn't weigh him, but would guarantee he went 250-275 lb on the hoof. He was a 7 1/2 year old that my bro missed the year before at 15 yards (lucky for me!!). Well, hope you guys enjoy a few pics from back home, let me know if you want me to put more up!!! Yote

post-2932-1224042988_thumb.jpg

Fellow North Dakotian here, well for my first 6 years of life. Welcome to the state/site.

Got to love those corn feed whitetails. And we always welcome more pics.

Cant say ive ever tracked a buck through corn taller than me, musta been fun i imagine.

congrats on a stud buck though, perfect heavy typical frame on him.

now lets see that 174!

I figured you guys would wanna see it!!! Didn't wanna go over board right off the bat!! We found this guy this summer, you could set your watch by him, I knew he was gonna kill him opening night, I had to move down to glendale 3 days before opener!! Talk about anxiety! The other buck is one I shot a few years ago about 3 miles from where he got his, the resemblance is uncanny, theres even a bump on the mainbeam of his where the little drop tine is on mine. They were both 4 year olds when killed, so I think mine musta done a little breeding the year before I killed him. Oh, you'll have to bear with my buddy, he takes horrible pictures!!! Spend 200 hours scouting, then he can't take an extra 5 minutes to take a tasteful pic!!! We got one other dudes sheds from last year that scored high 160's as a 3 1/2 year old, couldn't find him this summer, but I have a gun tag back home thats gonna get wrapped around his antler over thanksgiving break!!! Fingers crossed...

post-2932-1224046178_thumb.jpg

post-2932-1224046130_thumb.jpg

So down for school which one and what for?

I go to Midwestern University in North Glendale for Dental School. It's tough as heck to get in, it was the only school that I got into, so I obviously took them up on their offer! Im starting to like AZ now that its cooling off. Excited to do some hunting around here too.

I go to Midwestern University in North Glendale for Dental School. It's tough as heck to get in, it was the only school that I got into, so I obviously took them up on their offer! Im starting to like AZ now that its cooling off. Excited to do some hunting around here too.

Congrats on getting into school! And nice bucks as well.

I'm a second year student at ASDOH, and there is another poster on cwt that just graduated from here a couple months ago. Are you planning on attending the get-together next Thursday? If so I'll look for ya.

i tought you said in the other post that you are with the national guard in Fort Huachuca, which one is it, you travel long ways from school

to the "Fort"

Congrats on getting into school! And nice bucks as well.

I'm a second year student at ASDOH, and there is another poster on cwt that just graduated from here a couple months ago. Are you planning on attending the get-together next Thursday? If so I'll look for ya.

Yeah when you said Glendale thats what I guessed. I'm in the application process right now I hope it all works out for me....

i tought you said in the other post that you are with the national guard in Fort Huachuca, which one is it, you travel long ways from school

to the "Fort"

Hey, sorry for the confusion, I got to Midwestern University in Glendale, but I'm on a military scholarship while I'm in school, which is considered active duty... unfortunately I wasn't a good enough farmer before I moved down here to come up with a quarter million dollars for school!!!! The national guard has been an awesome way to pay for school, and still ahve a little cash to go hunting now and then. The way I understood it, all active miliatary members can hunt ft. huachuca??? That's why I asked on the ohter post, sorry for the confusion.