Becker

Unit 33 Monster

For everyone asking, I am not going to tell the spot. Unless someone wants to hire me as a guide. :D Maybe then I might think about it. lol Those cam pics are from a camera strapped to a tree overlooking a heck of a spot.

I would spend some quality time this September trying to arrow that bad boy on the left over water. Make sure to wait until september so he is maxed out. VERY NICE BUCK!!!

Uh Oh Epperson-

Look out now man, he kills one big buck and now he's ready to be a coues guide,lol. Instant Expert Syndrome has set in, big bucks have a way of doin that huh? :D LB

Never said I was an expert. Just thought I would put up the offer. Besides I think all of littlebear's racks fit inside of mine. I think I might be a little ahead in that department :D lol

Honestly, how was the camera mounted? I hang my cams alot up norht in the pines and am just wondering how the camera was mounted. Was it on the ground, was it facing perpendicular to the trail what.... I don't care where it was it was in Unit 33 ok

Becker,

I don't know you but Andy says you are a great guy. He was nice enough to take you into this spot he's been scouting for two years. I know he hunted with you at the beginning of the season and showed you a couple of very nice 100+" bucks that you guys were unable to shoot. Why the heck don't you man up and at least thank him for helping you get this buck? heck, the comments you make about the camera make it sound like you put it there. Sure you were disciplined enough to hold of pulling the trigger on some smaller bucks and you hunted hard and earned this buck but for crying out loud you would have seen far fewer bucks and never shot this one had Andy not helped you out. Show him a little love dude!

By the way if anybody doubts that Andy is a bad butt hunter I'll point out that he has shot three deer in AZ in the last 17 months. A nice "hybrid" deer in August 2003 from a tree stand, a 80" whitetail on his first stalk Jan. 1, 2004, and he just shot a nice heavy 3X4 mulie with me this weekend on his second stalk of 2005. Did I mention that he did all that with a longbow? How about the huge bull he shot in Sept., the bear, the lion, pigs, ... That boy has shot more stuff than just about anybody here and he's done it with the same longbow and in the last 2 years or so. He almost got a Cochise award in one year! He hasn't ever shot a big game animal with a rifle. I have never hunted with anybody who lives for it and does it with more class than Andy. He has the highest ethics and best attitude of anybody I've ever met. You are lucky to know him.

There's some props for Little Bear!

Congrats on a great buck. I hope to get one like that someday. I know I'd be way thankful to the guy who put me on the spot to pull it off. I'll be hunting that spot with Andy next year.

P.S. Thanks a bunch for starting a rush on unit 33 tags. Don't be surprised when you don't draw one for a while.

I give Andy props all the time. I have class with him every week. Never said that he wasn't a great hunter. Told him myself I would hunt with him anyday and thanked him personally for showing me his spot. Tell people about him all the time. Ask Josh Epperson if you want. Just happened one day I went in there there and that particular buck was there. I don't have to explain to you that knowing big deer are there and actually being able to harvest one are totally different matters....SO... for people who don't know what I personally say to friends, and what I talk to people about outside of posting a picture...whatever...think what you want.....I was just posting a picture of the buck that I shot.....wasn't bragging or anything until people started talking hoopla....figured you all would like to see it.....so if anyone doubts my hunting ability or is wanting to talk about giving credit come out with me for a day and you might have a changed perception.

PS that is not the only deer I have shot either. I may be a newbie at posting but not at hunting. AND I don't beleive the draw affects bowhunters in 33, same number of tags every year. If I don't get drawn ohwell, I hope that the people that did have just as good of experience as I did. After all that is what hunting is about. NOT trashing people on forums who are just trying to post their pics like everyone else. Thanks for the great welcome!

Becker,

Like I said before you earned the buck and deserve credit for hunting hard and holding off on the trigger. Congrats to you!

I'm not trashing you just letting you know that big bucks aren't just everywhere so no matter how good a hunter you are if you aren't hunting in the right spot you are not going to get one. Andy told me about all your mule deer hunting experience and what a nice guy you are and that he trusted you wouldn't be taking other folks in there. Andy put you in the right spot because of all of his hard work and time scouting. He could have kept that to himself and bowhunted there every year without worry about people screwing him up but it shared it with you. You may not appreciate how rare spots like that are but you will see. You may have said thanks to him in person but this is a public forum where everybody sees what you say. When you post a picture and title "unit 33 monster" that sounds like bragging but heck I'd post my picture too if I shot that buck. When I told the story I'd be sure to mention than my good buddy Andy put me on that area and helped glassing and I am so grateful to him. That's all the props I'm talking about.

I don't mean to take away from your high on this one so sorry if it sounds that way.

RedBeard,

I think we got started on the wrong foot. I know what a good spot is and how to keep that secret. My father and I have our secret spots as well. In fact I took Andy to the spot I had been scouting after a day hunting at his spot. Showed him some country he didn't know about. It was a fair trade off I far as I was concerned and I am not going to blab any spots out to anyone except myself and Andy. unit 33 is a big place. And When I started posting on this forum I didn't even know Andy was on here. My father stumbled across it and told me I should post my pic. So, thats how it happened. I was just urked and a little offended at your post, when you don't really know me.

So I would like to start over on the good foot. Sound good to you?

Becker

Brother's don't shake hands they hug :lol: :blink:

I don't know Andy, redbeard, or becker but I give you all props for getting out there busting your butt, harvesting great animals and enjoying the outdoors keep it up. Good to see all of you on the forum. thanks for sharing.

Feels good to be a high roller with all this extra cash :D Anyother takers....