Sign in to follow this  
jasjacks

custom rifle maker in arizona

does anyone suggest a good rifle builder in arizona ?

Give Dave a call at White Cloud Custom Gunsmithing 602-292-1986 or www.customrifleman.com. He does rifles for the Governor elk tag holder. He hasn't built a whole rifle for me yet, but I have had some custom work done by him, don't think you could go wrong there.

CT

David Miller, one of the world's best known custom rifle makers, is in Tucson. His "best gun" rifles have sold in the mid-six-figure range at Safari Club International's auctions.

Patrick Holahan, a talented up-and-comin rifle builder and a super nice guy, also is a Tucsonan. If I wanted a new custom rifle today, I would call him.

Bill Quimby

Any reason you wish to have a builder in Arizona build a gun?

no reason tx, nm would be fine so i can drive to see there work?

+1 on P.L. Holehan in Tucson. I've been in his shop and he does good work, if a tack driver is what you're looking for. EBB

Not arizona but check out www.grizzlycustom.com. a buddy of mine does the rifles and builds a heck of a gun. Also built guns for Ted Nugent and Tom Selek. They are in montana.

Don't know if he's building custom guns again, but Frank Wells is back to work as a gunsmith at 2nd Amendment Sports (the old Jensen's east side.) Mr. Wells was a legendary custom gun buiilder in the 1960s and 70s. Since returning to work (I think he moved out of state for a while), he's done 3 trigger jobs for me, and he's as good as you'll find and quite reasonable on prices.

Don't know if he's building custom guns again, but Frank Wells is back to work as a gunsmith at 2nd Amendment Sports (the old Jensen's east side.) Mr. Wells was a legendary custom gun buiilder in the 1960s and 70s. Since returning to work (I think he moved out of state for a while), he's done 3 trigger jobs for me, and he's as good as you'll find and quite reasonable on prices.

I don't think he specialized in the types of rifles most of us on here use! Another one if you want to stay in AZ is Danny Pederson in Prescott. He is also a first-rate barrel maker. There are a lot of guys who will take your money but only a few who have reputations that can't afford to be sullied.

David Miller will build you a new custom rifle for $20K but unless you are buddies with him, I don't think he will do any barreling work for you.

Here is Danny's website

Danny Pederson- Classic Barrel Works