Sign in to follow this  
Guest akaspecials

Wide Boots- Want Recommendations

Guest akaspecials

Any of you guys that put in a lot of miles have wide feet? What WIDE high quality boots do you recommend? (E or EE width.)

Background: My last 2 boots have been Crispi Valdres GTX in EE and they just aren't wide enough. Prior to that I had 3 pairs Danner Elk Ridge GTX, but Danner quality really went downhill after they started releasing the pronghorns and they stopped making the Elk Ridge. I can't find anything as wide as they were. Please help! 

I have a EE foot and about a year or two ago bough a pair of Danner Quarry at Sportsmans Warehouse in Mesa. 

Pro's: 8" lace ups, Heavy Lugged Vibram Sole. All leather. Labeled Made in USA with Imported Components. They are comfortable and have held up well so far.

Con's:  A little heavy @ 33.5oz each, Insulated, Noisy. Toe box is short, probably due to them being insulated. They don't conform to the top of my foot and ankle as much as I would like.

I only have experience with Meindl comfort fit but I think that is what you want vs vakuum fit if you have wide feet. I am between a D and EE most of the time but D is fine in my Meindl boots. I have EE in Redwing steel toe boots. Also the sizing is kinda weird on the Meindl. I would read all the stuff on their site and print off their guide and use it. I followed that and got pretty good fit.