Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Where Am I?

Correct 

Should have known a railroad guy would have it.

Part II.

What was it's name back in the day?

30 minutes ago, Edge said:

Correct 

Should have known a railroad guy would have it.

Hey I didn’t give the location just in case you wanted it to go further 😂 I’ll hold off on the name, I think I’m 50/50 on that lol

9 minutes ago, Vowell said:

Hey I didn’t give the location just in case you wanted it to go further 😂 I’ll hold off on the name, I think I’m 50/50 on that lol

Go for it 

5 hours ago, Vowell said:

Morristown store/hotel 1899? 

Nah, that was it's modern name. It was originally a hotel that sat south of the tracks about a mile from it's current location..  Morristown went by a different name in 1899..

Clue: The name will make perfect sense when you hear it.

1 hour ago, elkaholic said:

Hot Springs Depot

You pretty much nailed it buddy. Morristown was once known as Castle Hot Springs Junction. 

The 16 room hotel was primarily built as a stop off, overnight location for wealthy tourists coming and going first by railroad then by stagecoach to Castle Hot Springs Resort.

I've been driving by this place for over 40 years, drank at the bar in the 80's, now helping the new owner bring this 123 year old Arizona treasure back to life.

• Love 1

I drive past it all the time on my way to Kingman and always wondered about it. I had no idea it had such a rich history. Tim what are his plans for it?

Edge what is the owner going to make the of it? Hotel? 

Lots of options since it's 5000sq' on nearly 5 commercial acres..

Kitchen and bathrooms are soon to be remodeled, the building sealed. One of the saving grace's is it was built using ol growth redwood, her bones are sound.

Maybe some Airbnb, horse camp, tourist lodging to compliment the owners patented mines about 8 miles north. Open to suggestions.

Worst part of the venture to date is the local hick click. All the neighbors are acting grateful the hotel is being saved and revitalizede. I've known some of these folks for decades. But at the same time they act like it's public land and they can meddle.

Don't get me started on the utility companys, county and DOT. Thank goodness the new owner has the $ to keep a slew of lawyers, professionals, etc and can afford to keep a rather jolly disposition throughout.

• Like 2