Sign in to follow this  
Yuma Outdoorsman

Carpal Tunnel In Wrists

I had both hands operated on 5 weeks apart back in 2006. I recommend getting the surgery if it's keeping you up at night. For 10 years after the surgery I still did the same assembly work. Gripping, squeezing, and screwing in small parts. Numbness and tingling was gone for the most part but had random sharp pains at the incision in those 10 years. I think surgeries these days is a small incision between the fingers and not necessarily cutting into the wrist/palm area like mine was. Good luck with whatever you do. It's probably not going to go away unless you get surgery. Just my opinion.

p.s. I shot my 1st archery javelina after the1st surgery on my right hand with stitches still in.

• Like 1

I have been dealing with this for going on near 20 years. Night time the worst, driving and carrying a rifle hunting would cause the numbness to flare up. Riding a motorcycle is near on a non go. I started wearing braces at night and that helped a lot. Also would stretch out my fingers, hand and wrist. Over time has settled down some but night time can be problematic. Still wear braces at night and if it won't settle down I ly on my back, try and square up buy shoulders and stretch my head to lengthen Ala yoga, hands at sides and deep breaths and it goes away fairly quickly. Good luck man know exactly what you are dealing with.

• Like 1

I've been wearing braces since Friday night and they are helping. I have been able to sleep through the night without issue. 

Thanks all for the advice. My neurologist said my carpal tunnel is mild so surgery isn't needed. We will see what happens over the next month or so. This just randomly started happening a couple months ago and has progressively gotten worse. It sucks to say the least. I feel for you that have been dealing with this for years. 

1 hour ago, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I've been wearing braces since Friday night and they are helping. I have been able to sleep through the night without issue. 

Thanks all for the advice. My neurologist said my carpal tunnel is mild so surgery isn't needed. We will see what happens over the next month or so. This just randomly started happening a couple months ago and has progressively gotten worse. It sucks to say the least. I feel for you that have been dealing with this for years. 

My wife was able to cure her issues by wearing a brace at night. She Hasn't had any issues in 10 years.

• Like 2