Sign in to follow this  
Green Bullet

Tag question

Getting ready for the up coming hunts I had put in for Fall Turkey and was drawn. Not even thinking about it I killed my Goulds last spring, been a long time since I put in for the regular fall hunt. I realized shorty after getting the tag and turned it back in. Just donating money to AZGFD. 

I have been checked a few times. Twice in 20a while javelina hunting. 1 of those times we flagged him down because when we setup camp we found a dead javelina in the bushes and didn't want him to think we killed and didn't tag/use the meat.

I was checked dove hunting about 5yrs ago too. 

21 hours ago, Vowell said:

Getting ready for the up coming hunts I had put in for Fall Turkey and was drawn. Not even thinking about it I killed my Goulds last spring, been a long time since I put in for the regular fall hunt. I realized shorty after getting the tag and turned it back in. Just donating money to AZGFD. 

Did you have point guard or maybe not worth it for just one point? I’m saving points for Goulds…I’d be sick if I drew fall tag. 

I’ve been checked a couple times…down south deer hunting and also antelope in 19a and on kaibab. I agree those WMs are spread very thin. 

1 hour ago, bigorange said:

Did you have point guard or maybe not worth it for just one point? I’m saving points for Goulds…I’d be sick if I drew fall tag. 

I only had the hunters Ed point, all good. I agree though if i didn’t have point guard with alot of points that would have been a bummer

In Yuma, we get checked almost always during Dove Season and the area we deer hunt is patrolled fairly well. It is not uncommon to see a game warden. I’ve been checked several times through the years.

Out fishing, I haven’t been checked in 15+ years by a game warden.