Cheaha

Recommendations for Lodging around 3B?

4 hours ago, WhtMtnHunter said:

Are you in there during shed hunting season?  Lots of ATV's in there during that time.  Also the rancher has full run of the place to run ATV's, UTV's, and Trucks anywhere he wants in the Woolhouse.  I've 'heard" you can pay a ranch hand $100 to retrieve an elk with his Polaris Ranger.  

Don't really need an ATV in 3B.  Very very doubtful you will need chains either unless we get another once in 30 years winter, but you never know!

I’m in there a lot throughout the year, including the shed season.  Never seen one in there or their tracks….at least on the south end.   The rancher has a variance, but he’s (Milo) isn’t in there too often. How often are you in the Houston?  

2 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

I’m in there a lot throughout the year, including the shed season.  Never seen one in there or their tracks….at least on the south end.   The rancher has a variance, but he’s (Milo) isn’t in there too often. How often are you in the Houston?  

Houston is whitemtnman or something like that 

• Like 1

Well, Pine Top/Lakeside sure is nice. My brother and I are staying at Double B Lodge, which has been nice. Unfortunately we are stuck here as my old truck decided to blow a lower ball joint yesterday out on 3144. We got a tow to Ison's in town and now waiting to see if they can get us back on the road. We may rent a vehicle today and try to resume the hunt.IMG_20221127_162107464_HDR.thumb.jpg.6261481e36b3faf74c31ccd637e6b551.jpg

11 minutes ago, Cheaha said:

Well, Pine Top/Lakeside sure is nice. My brother and I are staying at Double B Lodge, which has been nice. Unfortunately we are stuck here as my old truck decided to blow a lower ball joint yesterday out on 3144. We got a tow to Ison's in town and now waiting to see if they can get us back on the road. We may rent a vehicle today and try to resume the hunt.IMG_20221127_162107464_HDR.thumb.jpg.6261481e36b3faf74c31ccd637e6b551.jpg

I have an old tundra that you can use if you want.  It has a small alignment issue but will run around in the woods all day if you want to use it.  It is parked at my house in Pinedale/Clay Springs area.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

Wow, thanks WHT_MTNMAN! That is a very generous offer. I'm still waiting to hear back from Ison, hoping they can get it fixed, but I will let you know as soon as I can.

It’s a 2010 with 275k miles but runs extremely well and has a winch and a ramp to get an elk in the back if you can drive to it.  
09FB62EE-A61D-4261-BA5E-D4317D11D1C5.thumb.jpeg.b992edb408a4ec17dcc528d8de19991e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1