Sign in to follow this  
More D

We found a gun on our Mulie hunt

We had the first Mule deer hunt, 10-31 to 11-6, in unit 32. We were hunting at the top of Sunset loop north of Wilcox in the National forest.

On the way back to camp we found a gun. We are trying to find the owner to get it back to its rightful owner. We also put up a flyer at the entrance of the national forest because we were camped right across the road from it but no one came to inqiure about it. We also stopped at most of the camps to ask if any one had lost a gun but no luck.

If any one know of someone who lost a gun please have them contact me via PM here to identify it.

I know I would be sick if I lost something like that.

Lets spred the word....

:ph34r:

It is actually a pistol, a nice one. It certainly isn't worth $1000 dollars but still I know the owner felt its loss. I was being vague on purpose about what we found because I know only the owner will be able to identify it. Hopefully he can get a hold of me so he can so we can get it back to him/her.

I know, I know...

We hunt as a family with wifes, kids, cousins, uncles, etc. Before application time we all vote on where and what we want to hunt. Some of us who want to hunt white tail always seem to lose out and have to apply for Mulies. I love the Coues but my favorite place to hunt is with my family!

I found a rifle a few weeks ago, but no one has claimed it yet from unit 23. I contacted the sheriff to let them know.

My brother-in-law lost a .22 revolver in the Galliuros above the old Sunset Ranch. It was a long, long time ago, though. I think it was about 1965 or 1966, so it surely would be rusted and worthless now.

Bill Quimby

It is amazing how many things you can find on these hunts ... I Have found a couple knives ... cheap weathered binos... and other small things ... and think of how bad it must suck to lose something little like that I could not imagine losing one of my guns.. Hope it was actually lost and not discarded... cause from what I heard a couple hunters I believe it was in 3c last week found something too... A DECOMPOSING HUMAN CORPSE

Keep up the Good

Keep Karma on your side

What are you doing hunting Mule deer?????

Mule deer are bigger, they have more meat. bigger horns, and they are just way more challenging and delicious than all these doggie sized Coues Deer that everyone seems to get so excited about. :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mule deer are bigger, they have more meat. bigger horns, and they are just way more challenging and delicious than all these doggie sized Coues Deer that everyone seems to get so excited about. :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just because you can blindly stumble into a nice buck, doesnt mean coues are easy! Do it again next year. I dare ya!

FYI-

If you are a NRA member, you have $1,000 of gun insurance that includes theft and loss.

How did you do on your mulie hunt in 32 my youngest son had a tag in that unit and we have had no luck might go out this afternoon we hunted the same area you mentioned 1 1/2 days and only saw mulie does and a nice two point whitetail buck 80 yards away.

Mule deer are bigger(yep), they have more meat (yep). bigger horns (yep), and they are just way more challenging (uhhh, no) and delicious ( :blink:) than all these doggie sized Coues Deer that everyone seems to get so excited about. :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3 out of 5, 60% . Congrats you get a "D-" ;)

Just because you can blindly stumble into a nice buck, doesnt mean coues are easy! Do it again next year. I dare ya!

After driving all night to get there, it was pretty much a blind stumble ;) Its all you guy's fault that I am now a Coues Hunter :)

Mule deer are bigger(yep), they have more meat (yep). bigger horns (yep), and they are just way more challenging (uhhh, no) and delicious ( :blink:) than all these doggie sized Coues Deer that everyone seems to get so excited about. :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3 out of 5, 60% . Congrats you get a "D-" ;)

Man, I was hoping to squeak out at least a "C" on that deal :D