CHD

A Load of Whitetails!

Iowa1.jpg

Iowa2.jpg

A buddy from the upper Midwest sent me these today. Evidently, these are eastern whiteys and this is in Iowa................but due to my aggravated, diseased, infected, drugged-up state................my vision is blurred.

Ain't that mesquite and ocotillo and catclaw covering them thar hills? Ain't that the foothills of the Galiuros over near Turkey Creek and Aravaipa? Ain't that a trailer-load of 150" Coues bucks? Ain't that Lark and Bullwidgeon standing there? Holy cow. Please tell me this is so!

All I can think about right now is Coues, Coues, and more Coues. Aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!

I think this taken at the deer farm near Williams. You can see the yellow ear tags that the farmer uses. I was told that he has the local boys(could be Bret without his beard and I didn't know Lark looks so young in orange) go out and dart them, load them in the wagon and take em to the barn so they can receive their steroids and growth hormone. The program is reportedly working as evidenced by the larger body and antler size. A couple could become the new B&C world record if the hunters bullet doesn't get deflected by the chain link fence. All of the bucks released will have had coes DNA injections so the will pass scrutiny. It's a guarded secret as to which high-fenced ranches they will be released this fall, provided George Taulman's Ranching Before Wildlife Program is fast-tracked through G&F this spring.

Chris, keep up the meds, especially the Claroxin.

Doug/RedRabbit

CHD, do you mind if i ask what town in iowa that farm is near? That's a great photo, thanks.

CB1, sure don't mind you askin'. I traced the e-mail back thru several people, and unfortunately there's no mention of the specific area. Prolly No-Tellum Hollow, anyway. You don't wanna hunt there anyway, since it seems those boys cleaned out the decent bucks.

Doug, I like the sound of your recommended med. I also like the Codeine Cough Syrup my doc has given me. I conned him into several refills, too. Mixed with Wild Turkey, that cough syrup is some mean stuff!!! Maybe I should mix in your Claroxin, too? Maybe it will make me forget my 22 tag soup? LOLOLOL.

Was'nt so much for the hunting, just curiosity, i grew up in southern iowa, and have been looking at property in iowa, thanks for tracing as far as you could anyway.

What they were really shooting at was this deer! Supposedly a new world record and is estimated to sell for 1-2 million dollars if it holds up!

Scottbigdeer.jpg

bigdeer012.jpg

here is the story...Believe it or not?

This big guy was bagged just North of Macomb, Illinois.

Unofficially it is believed to be a new world record. This nontypical buck

is a 44 pointer, but could be as much as 48 points. Boone and Crocket has him

at 288 points, but it is believed that after a final tally he should have over

A 300 score. The head is locked in a local bank vault. After the required

60 day dry-out period, it will be officially scored. If it breaks the

record, it could be worth $1-2 million.....bucks ! :P

I will make the first and final offer to that guy and it is going to be $12.36 a half a pack of gum and a bus ticket. :P

That is one heck of a deer az4life but I wouldn't buy any of the stories you've heard of it just yet. Looks to me that the antlers don't have the tine length and overall size to be near 288" but that's just my opinion. I'd sure be lobbing arrows, lead, rocks, bricks, whatever I could at that deer though. Killer drops!!! SON OF A-!!!!! Which talk forum did you get that off of?

Other ruttin deer confrontin him probably took one look at that rack and hauled butt.

Amazing growth!

Dan

Josh

I know what you mean about not believeing everything you see or hear on the internet. These did not look to be doctored so I figured what the heck, post em with the Iowa Truckload. I emailed them to Amanda, but I think she iw away this weekend. Being this is a coues forum, I did not know where to post them.

A friend at work sent the photos and story to me. I hava few more photos but didn't want to tie up CWD server space. The more I think about it, if the photos are hosted on another server, they should not be a problem since they are really only linked to the post. I will post the rest of them for everyone's pleasure and or scrutiny.

bigdeer034.jpg

bigdeer035.jpg

Scottbigdeer2.jpg

GOOD GOD is right!! ...dream a little dream with meeeeee. That side view of that right antler is sickening! If I was that dude I'd have that thing with me 24/7, the potential value of that thing is rediculous(although I'd never part with it if I shot it)! I'd like a chance at dealing with that kind of stress. YIKES!! OUCH!! Aye dios mio!!! WOW, thanks for posting those last few pics man those are awesome!

How'd you like to own property in that area? You would have every shed hunter for seven states away looking to find last year's rack.