Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Arken Scopes?

That's good to know that they are at least on par with scopes in there price range.They do seem to have good options  and some decent  reviews. I'm  curious  as to how they handle  recoil . My 375 ruger needs new glass and it's a stout round with  a good amount  of recoil.

Initial Review: EPL 4x16x44 MOA

The scope showed up yesterday and I unboxed it this morning. Very nice overall on the packaging and feel, fit, finish. I took it with me to the range this morning but it was loose, not mounted to a rifle. 

I took a rifle with a Burris Veracity 3x15x50 to compare it too since that is about a $750-800 scope right now. I will say that after comparing them I do like the Arken alot and think it offers alot of nice features. I will also say that people who think the Arken is better than a $1200-1500 scope are not being honest with themselves. 

The Arken feels nice and sturdy and the adjustments are crisp and clean. I really do like the reticle in the scope, it reminds me of the MOA reticle I really liked in the 3x10 Nightforce SHV. The glass is nice and doesn't seem to distort even near the edges. That said the glass was not as good as the glass in the Burris Veracity IMO. The Burris is a 50mm, but the glass in it shows better/brighter colors and had a crisper image to me. The Arken EPL image was fine and I would not have had problems viewing and hitting target I don't think, but it wasn't as good. 

That said, the Arken EPL is a very nice scope for the price point I paid, and does punch above its price tag. I feel the glass is probably about the same as my Vortex Viper 6x24x50 HSLR roughly. The zero stop is very functional and the the turrets are nice. The reticle was very good was well for what I like which is a useful reticle that isn't to busy. 

Overall I think it is a very good buy for the money. I think it is probably worth something around the $650-750. Price range. I would love to compare it to a Viper 4x16x44 HSLR. I think they might be very similar. 

I am planning to put this on a .338 win mag so hopefully I will get a chance to put some rounds through it sooner than later. 

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 2:25 PM, Zeke-BE said:

Please make a review once you get it mounted and shoot it

Initial review posted. 

It was great to read your initial review. I am still pondering making a purchase of my own. Thanks again!

• Like 1

On 2/19/2023 at 1:49 PM, Hoss50 said:

Initial Review: EPL 4x16x44 MOA

The scope showed up yesterday and I unboxed it this morning. Very nice overall on the packaging and feel, fit, finish. I took it with me to the range this morning but it was loose, not mounted to a rifle. 

I took a rifle with a Burris Veracity 3x15x50 to compare it too since that is about a $750-800 scope right now. I will say that after comparing them I do like the Arken alot and think it offers alot of nice features. I will also say that people who think the Arken is better than a $1200-1500 scope are not being honest with themselves. 

The Arken feels nice and sturdy and the adjustments are crisp and clean. I really do like the reticle in the scope, it reminds me of the MOA reticle I really liked in the 3x10 Nightforce SHV. The glass is nice and doesn't seem to distort even near the edges. That said the glass was not as good as the glass in the Burris Veracity IMO. The Burris is a 50mm, but the glass in it shows better/brighter colors and had a crisper image to me. The Arken EPL image was fine and I would not have had problems viewing and hitting target I don't think, but it wasn't as good. 

That said, the Arken EPL is a very nice scope for the price point I paid, and does punch above its price tag. I feel the glass is probably about the same as my Vortex Viper 6x24x50 HSLR roughly. The zero stop is very functional and the the turrets are nice. The reticle was very good was well for what I like which is a useful reticle that isn't to busy. 

Overall I think it is a very good buy for the money. I think it is probably worth something around the $650-750. Price range. I would love to compare it to a Viper 4x16x44 HSLR. I think they might be very similar. 

I am planning to put this on a .338 win mag so hopefully I will get a chance to put some rounds through it sooner than later. 

Have you tested out the tracking yet?

Lots of great reviews but most are not the lightweight hunter version

On 1/14/2023 at 1:33 PM, CouesPursuit said:

I bought an SH4 earlier this year and was impressed, adding a few more among mine and a few fellow shooters' rifles. Tracking has been flawless and features are excellent, especially for the price point. We've taken them out to 690 and back without a hiccup so far. 

I ordered a 4-16x in November before a 6-24x and it is well behind its expected delivery date but I received the EPL 6-24x a few weeks ago and zeroed it this morning. Right off the bat it is a huge improvement to the SH4. 

1) Weight is 23oz instead of 38oz.

2) Japanese glass much clearer.

3) Capped windage is a bonus (for me).

All the other features that I liked on the SH4 remain and so did the compatibility with their throw lever and scopes caps. 

Zeroed my rifle from 25-100-200 yards in 6 shots. I'll post more when I stretch it out in the next month or two but I am a fan. 

Same question I just asked hoss above 

4 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Same question I just asked hoss above 

It's been crappie/fishing season and I have my first early archery bull hunt coming up next week. I haven't been into my rifles this year but I'll report back later this fall.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

It's been crappie/fishing season and I have my first early archery bull hunt coming up next week. I haven't been into my rifles this year but I'll report back later this fall.

My kinda problems shea

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

Have you tested out the tracking yet?

Lots of great reviews but most are not the lightweight hunter version

I have mixed feelings on the arken epl. I liked it alot at first. The glass isn't as clear and doesn't have the same color contrast as my 3x15x50 Burris Veracity. It was nice though overall for the price. I didn't do a true tracking test, but i did run it up and down a fair amount without issue. The problem came after about 40rds from the 338 win mag i found a blob floating inside the scope in the reticle. I sent it back to Arken and they replaced it.

I then put it on a 22-250 but it didn't have the magnification i wanted, not its fault. I have the scope just sitting here right now because i don't knkw what to put it on. I am not sure i can trust it, but i like if for what it is.

I bought another Veracity for the 338 win mag, so it is kind of without a home right now. I have a few things to put it on, but I haven't decide where it will go. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:56 PM, Hoss50 said:

I have mixed feelings on the arken epl. I liked it alot at first. The glass isn't as clear and doesn't have the same color contrast as my 3x15x50 Burris Veracity. It was nice though overall for the price. I didn't do a true tracking test, but i did run it up and down a fair amount without issue. The problem came after about 40rds from the 338 win mag i found a blob floating inside the scope in the reticle. I sent it back to Arken and they replaced it.

I then put it on a 22-250 but it didn't have the magnification i wanted, not its fault. I have the scope just sitting here right now because i don't knkw what to put it on. I am not sure i can trust it, but i like if for what it is.

I bought another Veracity for the 338 win mag, so it is kind of without a home right now. I have a few things to put it on, but I haven't decide where it will go. 

Kinda my worry. Lots of stellar reviews on the ep line but they are heavy and built like tanks so on the epl being so much lighter I'm asking myself what got sacrificed.  But still a 338 is more brutal then the 6.5 with a can im gonna be using. Great info though thank you.  

• Like 2

On 9/7/2023 at 12:56 PM, Hoss50 said:

That's such a bummer.  I was looking  at them for my 338 win mag and maybe for my 375 ruger . I'm still  not sure on the 375 might do like a 1x8 with  a wide field of view. Dangerous game type scope . Not that we have any but it would  be fitting  and I still  could  use the gun for a closer range elk  hammer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazymonkey said:

That's such a bummer.  I was looking  at them for my 338 win mag and maybe for my 375 ruger . I'm still  not sure on the 375 might do like a 1x8 with  a wide field of view. Dangerous game type scope . Not that we have any but it would  be fitting  and I still  could  use the gun for a closer range elk  hammer. 

The scope still shot ok, but it had some piece of debris in it. 

I am probably going to put it on a 6.5x55 or maybe a savage that I am still deciding caliber on.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2023 at 7:02 PM, CatfishKev said:

Kinda my worry. Lots of stellar reviews on the ep line but they are heavy and built like tanks so on the epl being so much lighter I'm asking myself what got sacrificed.  But still a 338 is more brutal then the 6.5 with a can im gonna be using. Great info though thank you.  

The 338 it was on was light, and even with a brake was kinda punchy.