stalkincoues

Need taxidermist for Turkey

This reply may be too late, but I wanted to give my two cents.

I killed a tom two years ago and had Sven Eberson do the work. He in my book is the best there is when it comes to mounting birds. Just as Bowsniper said he has a great collection of birds in his back yard, and he dedicates himself to his work. Like I said, this reply is probably too late but in the future you should contact Sven.

Ryan

Clay @ Mogollon did my full strut turkey. He did an awesome job. The detail is phenominal.

DSC01302.jpg

Would not recommend this taxidermy.

And if you do by chance use him, do not pay in full until done. Be prepared to wait about 3 years. Quality on my animal was poor.

I've used Greg McBride at Trails End for many years and I've always been real happy with his work. I've recomended him to numerous friends and family members who have likewise been happy with his work. I currently have a coues deer, two mule deer, an antelope, and a mountain lion being mounted by him. I hope to add another coues deer to the list next week, and yet another coues deer again in January. He uses quality materials and stands behind his work. I'm sure if a person communicated any problems to him he'd be happy to address them. After all he is running a word of mouth business and strives for repeat customers and referrals. Yes he is usually backed up a couple years, but to me that is a testament of his great work and many satisfied customers.

I think a lot of times people don't know what to expect from a taxidermist and thats where the trouble starts. Also different taxidermists have different styles and one paticular style may appeal to you more than others, but that doesn't always mean there work is bad or lacks quality or detail. I also think that a lot of people have unrealistic expectations from there taxidermist and think they can work miricles. They can't re-grow skin, they can't magicly erase rub marks from when you dragged your buck out. They can't turn a maingy summer deer hide into a beautiful winter coat. There are boundaries and limitations they have to work within.

I agree with ya all the way. But I guess mine was just pushed out to get done. And i do apologize for my comments earlier. Just telling my experince with my mount. Your mounts will prob turn out great,,,,, mine was not. I'm sure he would fix it if I asked, but I won't ask because it would probably be another year or so. But I do realize now that this it not the place to putting negative feedback!

Devan