Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

iPhone 14 and SOS

Saw an article today. Apparently it’s live.

Those with the 14 can now use the SOS text anywhere in the US to connect to the satellite system for 911. If you don’t have signal, you can text emergency services. 

Big game changer for those who don’t have a garmin. If you’re thinking about upgrading, that’s a good reason.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Saw an article today. Apparently it’s live.

Those with the 14 can now use the SOS text anywhere in the US to connect to the satellite system for 911. If you don’t have signal, you can text emergency services. 

Big game changer for those who don’t have a garmin. If you’re thinking about upgrading, that’s a good reason.

I was looking into it last night  I just wish you could pay per text or something for non emergency. One of the biggest reasons I like the inreach is that I can text for changes in my plans etc...and not just emergency.  

• Like 5

I just ordered the 14, I also have the inreach but not sure if I'm going to do away with it yet. I just need to buy a satellite phone

A coworker has one. After a few days it went into a mode where there was just a satellite icon displayed and he couldn't use it. He went back to Verizon and they had to download a file to get the SIMM file working again since it doesn't have an actual SIMM Card.

• Like 1