Sign in to follow this  
desertmafia21

Ollin BTX digiscoping adapter

Serious question, not trying to stir the pot. Is the Ollin system that much better than phoneskope to justify twice the cost? The question is meant for those that have used both in the field. I’ve used the phoneskope system for a few years now and I have no complaints. 

20 minutes ago, daryl_s said:

Serious question, not trying to stir the pot. Is the Ollin system that much better than phoneskope to justify twice the cost? The question is meant for those that have used both in the field. I’ve used the phoneskope system for a few years now and I have no complaints. 

I’ve used the phone skope as well. I’ve had decent success with it but from what I’ve seen from friends on social media it is night and day faster. Magnets grab right at the sweet spot so you’re filming in 2 seconds compared to 15-30 seconds with the phone skope. This time is crucial especially for getting shots on film. I do agree though it is a pricey piece and I would like to hear some feedback from others.

• Like 1

I got the Magview for my spotter a few weeks ago.  It is pricey but well worth it to me.  So fast and easy and no bulky phone case.  I enjoy digescoping now instead of getting frustrated.  My problem has always been I have had hand me down phones or now the cheapest smart phone t-moble has.  I could not find phonescope cases for any of my phones.  If I still had the BTX I would defiantly be getting the Ollin.  It's crazy how expensive stuff is now days.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, desertmafia21 said:

I’ve used the phone skope as well. I’ve had decent success with it but from what I’ve seen from friends on social media it is night and day faster. Magnets grab right at the sweet spot so you’re filming in 2 seconds compared to 15-30 seconds with the phone skope. This time is crucial especially for getting shots on film. I do agree though it is a pricey piece and I would like to hear some feedback from others.

I’m not sure how it takes 15-30 seconds to slide on a phoneskope 

2 hours ago, Mathews said:

I’m not sure how it takes 15-30 seconds to slide on a phoneskope 

I don’t know if I’ve just received poor quality in my adapters or what. All of them have been super tight fitting and the field of view always gets moved installing the unit. This has happened on my Leica 62, Swarovski sts 80, and BTX. They recommend that you sand down the rings using fine grit sandpaper for better fit. I’m done screwing with them and switching to the Ollin.